Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

HWould’ve been easy for Gaston to hang the McDermott in the rack after last year , only strung together two consecutive senior games, dropped 4 times . Hunting down the wrong side of 30, . Head down backside upover over the summer and has played arguably his best football , incredibly important to this undefeated structure. Murray should be playing league football , something very special brewing , that grab was bigger than leaping Leon’sl , big time performer . Filo is from another galaxy , does things others can’t. Gaz was like that , no clue how good he was , grey bloek

I see they have improved weekly,, knocking Albury over the other week ...may well be a dark horse
Two wins for the year, - close enough won’t cut it in this game , you’ll go home empty handed sharing would’ve could’ve should’ve tales, . Cut throat business this one,

Is lavington the best side you've played Geoff? Easily the best coached side in the league
Almond out coached them round one , no king no queen , shuffled some pawns and cornered a much better list . Adam a lovely bloke,bus so far has underperformed , he wouldn’t come cheap and moneys no issue. Facilities fit for the elite ,no excuses as far as I’m concerned.

Righto gents a bit of a convo starter from me, 5 games in who has been the best recruits so far?

O’Brien, Pethybridge, O’Sullivan, Allison have been great pick ups also think the two big forwards at Corowa Hope and Dunstan would be stand outs in one of the top sides

Almond out coached them round one , no king no queen , shuffled some pawns and cornered a much better list . Adam a lovely bloke,bus so far has underperformed , he wouldn’t come cheap and moneys no issue. Facilities fit for the elite ,no excuses as far as I’m concerned.
If muz doesn't take that mark lavington win. No big name recruits, they'll make the 5, if he does that he's up with broomhead for coach of the year. Everyone had them cellar dwellers after round 1. Raiders might end up there by the end of the year

HWould’ve been easy for Gaston to hang the McDermott in the rack after last year , only strung together two consecutive senior games, dropped 4 times . Hunting down the wrong side of 30, . Head down backside upover over the summer and has played arguably his best football , incredibly important to this undefeated structure. Murray should be playing league football , something very special brewing , that grab was bigger than leaping Leon’sl , big time performer . Filo is from another galaxy , does things others can’t. Gaz was like that , no clue how good he was , grey bloek
Not the first galloping gasometer at wj findlay Geoffy !!

Not the first galloping gasometer at wj findlay Geoffy !!
The big fella has found a new lease on life for the better. Just having contact with him pre and post match over the past month has shown. Forever the peoples champ, still giving kids hi 5s and happy to dissect parts of the game with dyed in the blood supporters. The game needs more blokes like him

Fiercely loyal locals, all 21 taking on the responsibility of what it means to wear the jumper, good luck penetrating through that. These men are hungriest in a one horse race against full bellied grifters, money won’t buy you loyalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair mark at the death by Murray
My word it was. I was just having a skim over the game on YouTube and the commentary saying it’s the best mark in the ovens and murray, maybe this year!
I still go back to the 2019 prelim between Myrt and lavi at wodonga, dying stages of the game, junk time and lavi home and hosed and Nathan Laracy goes back with the flight in defence and pulls down an absolute ripper, anyone else remember this one?

Fiercely loyal locals, all 21 taking on the responsibility of what it means to wear the jumper, good luck penetrating through that. These men are hungriest in a one horse race against full bellied grifters, money won’t buy you loyalty.
Any truth brodes was wondering the streets of Wangaratta this morning in great form in his attire from Saturday night? Scared off a few families having an early morning breakfast on Tone Road

4B4478D9-E6FF-4A45-97EF-4F318B062A2D.jpeg

Poster on the Ballarat board said Raiders summer recruit Wyatt has signed with Melton South for rest of the year, & played for them yesterday.
Tap on the shoulder from Raiders ?

My word it was. I was just having a skim over the game on YouTube and the commentary saying it’s the best mark in the ovens and murray, maybe this year!
I still go back to the 2019 prelim between Myrt and lavi at wodonga, dying stages of the game, junk time and lavi home and hosed and Nathan Laracy goes back with the flight in defence and pulls down an absolute ripper, anyone else remember this one?
Must say, a ripper mark it was, but a stupid comment by the commentator ,, best mark of all time ( O & M ) .. WOW HOW MANY RIPPER MARKS HAVE THERE BEEN OVER THE YEARS... 100 S .....One guy that was a geninue specy grabber on a regular basis was Jay Mcneill ( RIP JAY ) from the Albury Tigers ...Quite often his pic was on the front / back page of the Border Mail taking a specky

Must say, a ripper mark it was, but a stupid comment by the commentator ,, best mark of all time ( O & M ) .. WOW HOW MANY RIPPER MARKS HAVE THERE BEEN OVER THE YEARS... 100 S .....One guy that was a geninue specy grabber on a regular basis was Jay Mcneill ( RIP JAY ) from the Albury Tigers ...Quite often his pic was on the front / back page of the Border Mail taking a specky

Commentator was referring to it being a hanger that’s just won them the game. That’s why he was saying one of the best marks of all time, based on the situation in the game.
To have the cojones to fly for a hanger in defence with the game on the line is huge

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1980657

Poster on the Ballarat board said Raiders summer recruit Wyatt has signed with Melton South for rest of the year, & played for them yesterday.
Tap on the shoulder from Raiders ?
Are things falling apart at Bira Park?
Or has he just headed there for a kick due to Split Round in O and M

Last edited:
Commentator was referring to it being a hanger that’s just won them the game. That’s why he was saying one of the best marks of all time, based on the situation in the game.
To have the cojones to fly for a hanger in defence with the game on the line is huge

You watch the ball and your body does the rest. Like flies to honey. I found the best ones to be spur of the moment. Bit like the 8” jabs that did untold damage.

Sorry but I disagree,,, 2nd place on the ladder undefeated, playing 6th spot with a 2w...3 loss ratio in a standard Homw and Away game. just to much of a exegeration ...
Like it wasnt a final or even a Grand Final ,, but if it was then you make a comment like that ..

Sorry but I disagree,,, 2nd place on the ladder undefeated, playing 6th spot with a 2w...3 loss ratio in a standard Homw and Away game. just to much of a exegeration ...
Like it wasnt a final or even a Grand Final ,, but if it was then you make a comment like that ..
Let’s be honest. Commentators are local footy heads with no real runs on the board, thinking their profile is higher than what it really is. Provide a decent product, but don’t get to overwhelmed in their dialogue

Had a look at the points for WRFNC .Wondered why young Lewis and Osborne were 3 pointers😀.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back