Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s be honest. Commentators are local footy heads with no real runs on the board, thinking their profile is higher than what it really is. Provide a decent product, but don’t get to overwhelmed in their dialogue
Most locals you hear talking about them say they watch the steam with the mute button on. People are sick of them either making up what's happening or pulling themselves over "the ibis", "Alma Fud", "StuBo". How about call people by their bloody names and not these homo nicknames, that the causal listener has no idea who is!

Most locals you hear talking about them say they watch the steam with the mute button on. People are sick of them either making up what's happening or pulling themselves over "the ibis", "Alma Fud", "StuBo". How about call people by their bloody names and not these homo nicknames, that the causal listener has no idea who is!
Spot on or the or too busy sucking up every albury player out there.

I think we're extremely lucky that we have local commentators that put the effort into knowing every single teams 22 by full name and in some cases nickname, if you want bland monotone nuffies tune into oakfm you're probably all over it, ya old ....

Muzza’s leap of faith was worth 4 points, make of that what you will. I highly rate Robbie Mackinlay in and out of the box, if it wasn’t for passionate men like him you out of town blokes wouldn’t be able enjoy the greatest competition in Australia without the trek. On a heavier note, I hope Broomhead has supplied his group with some weeties this week, they’ll need it let me tell you.

Could the Roos Stretch the Saints this weekend with their 2 Big Forwards?
Obviously need to get enough ball in there but Myrt don’t have the Big Defenders they Used To.

Could the Roos Stretch the Saints this weekend with their 2 Big Forwards?
Obviously need to get enough ball in there but Myrt don’t have the Big Defenders they Used To.
Roos have gone down by around 8 goals to Rovers, Dogs and Yarra. That stacks up as good form and a couple of wins this year shouldn’t surprise.

From Herald Sun.

"Meanwhile, Yarrawonga has successfully applied for a reassessment of the points attached to former North Melbourne and Hawthorn player Dan Howe.

He is back at Yarrawonga where he played as a junior. He played as a five-pointer for the first time in Yarrawonga’s last match after being a six-pointer in the four previous rounds.

But Yarrawonga is still fighting to have Howe become a one-pointer given he played five seasons for the club in the Albury-Wodonga Junior Football League between 2006 and 2011.

Yarrawonga played at its maximum 40 points in a thrilling win against Wangaratta and 39 the following match when Howe had his points downgraded by one against Corowa-Rutherglen."

Tips for the week. Yarrawonga to break The Raiders spirit, Myrtleford by 5 goals over Corowa, Wangaratta by a nose over Lavington. Albury get the ten goal win to Wodonga. Rovers v NA, dubbed as match of the round, I’m tipping the Hawks to sort the men from the boys, 7 goal win and Muzza’s men to stamp themselves as premiership favourites. I’m not one to toot my own horn but I’ve rarely missed this season, Lavington are pretending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarra to dish out a real thrashing
Saints to fall in over the gallant Roos
Pies to touch up the Panthers
Albury to get the job done despite Wondonga giving them some knuckle
Hoppers to touch up the Rovers by 7 or 8 to start the infighting we all know is comming.
The only in-house fighting will be over a loose ball on the training track, toughest team I’ve seen for a long time.

Yarra by 80, not sure how the afl can just drop 1 point for Howe, he's either 1 or 6. And everyone knows he's 6.
Lavy by under a goal
Wodonga to make a statement by 6 goals.
Myrtleford by 4 goals
Rovers are just going for mine, expect an upset 23 point win to the hoppers and Geoff to take the rovers boys for a 6am Sunday training

Cooper a big in for the Rovers this weekend! Looking forward to wandering up to Bunton Park to see a ripping game. Hoppers humiliated the Hawks last year on their home deck. If Broomhead doesn’t play a blinder though might be difficult for them. Arguably the best canteen in the league and coldest cans

From Herald Sun.

"Meanwhile, Yarrawonga has successfully applied for a reassessment of the points attached to former North Melbourne and Hawthorn player Dan Howe.

He is back at Yarrawonga where he played as a junior. He played as a five-pointer for the first time in Yarrawonga’s last match after being a six-pointer in the four previous rounds.

But Yarrawonga is still fighting to have Howe become a one-pointer given he played five seasons for the club in the Albury-Wodonga Junior Football League between 2006 and 2011.

Yarrawonga played at its maximum 40 points in a thrilling win against Wangaratta and 39 the following match when Howe had his points downgraded by one against Corowa-Rutherglen."
Wouldn’t this mean he’s either a 1 pointer or a 6 pointer?

Exactly how can the premiers get a point discount? There's been far more examples of the afl not giving points to junior players because of the 40 games. Howe played he's footy at rennie, its making a mockery of the points for sure. I'm sure rovers could mount a case, that it wasn't Jeremy obrien that played for rovers it was Lachie and he should be 1 point as well

Cooper a big in for the Rovers this weekend! Looking forward to wandering up to Bunton Park to see a ripping game. Hoppers humiliated the Hawks last year on their home deck. If Broomhead doesn’t play a blinder though might be difficult for them. Arguably the best canteen in the league and coldest cans
And a big crowd will be there as North Albury supporters are up and about and will attend in their groves ,, I wouldnt be surprised if the crowd was 1500 plus but then the wet weather forecast may well reduce that

And a big crowd will be there as North Albury supporters are up and about and will attend in their groves ,, I wouldnt be surprised if the crowd was 1500 plus but then the wet weather forecast may well reduce that
Well maybe Im wrong about the wet weather after googling Saturdays weather forecast ,, not as bad as I thought.
I think the Rovers will win but its one of those games where you would not be surprised if the Hoppers win

I didn't realise Cooper was in, bloke is a star. Could make it a lot closer game then i anticipated.
Agree on the North canteen, old shagger cooking up the rissoles is like some kind of burger flipping Mr Miyagi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back