On Current Form....Should Cotchin Be Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

I did...

fwKJ3tr.png

and there's other game this year in which Cotch has been quiet.
Now show me the disposals numbers of other Richmond player in those games,

Because if he gets 17 touches when no other Richmond player had more than 22 then its a bit of a difference of having 17 and everyone else had 30+.
Surely you can understand this very simple concept.
The thread topic is about Cotchin...not the midfield brigade of Richmond FC. In Hindsight maybe it should have been.

Regardless...I think you and many others in this thread are confused on what the role of a midfielder is.

The role being....you have to win the ball 1st and foremost. Everything else is second.

Cotchin (as shown in the OP) has been very quiet in this regard for the last 4 weeks.

I think you mean well but the numbers don't lie.

The thread topic is about Cotchin...not the midfield brigade Richmond FC. In Hindsight maybe it should have been.

Regardless...I think you and many others in this thread are confused on what the role of a midfielder is.

The role being....you have to win the ball 1st and foremost. Everything else is second.

Cotchin (as shown in the OP) has been very quiet in this regard for the last 4 weeks.

I think you mean well but the numbers don't lie.
Richmond is a low disposals number team, do you understand that?

Cotchin had the 3rd most touches for Richmond tonight. Great game by the Cap! Along with amazing pressure with 9 tackles. What a game!

I think you belong more in Facebook comment sections. It seems the only way you can judge players game is based off disposal numbers. Try to watch more games and understand the game, then you dont have to base your entire opinon on touches like your average idiot facebook fan :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or you can give a valid reason why you think 'no'.

Because he is clearly in his side's best 22 players and will contribute more then his likely replacement. Because you don't drop a gun based on 4 average, not bad weeks. Because there is more to the game then just disposal numbers.

You mean like Richmond is a low diposals team so while hes numbers seem low they are actually some of the highest on the team?
That kind of valid reason? The one you basically just said "no" to.
Well saying the team is a low disposal team doesn't quite cut it for me.

As I've already mentioned...Cotchin plays midfield and only midfield. Doesn't play forward and he isn't getting tagged.

There's no excuse for his low numbers.

But at least you're trying to add something to topic..so I give you credit for that :thumbsu:

As I've already mentioned...Cotchin plays midfield and only midfield. Doesn't play forward and he isn't getting tagged.

But at least you're trying to add something to topic..so I give you credit for that :thumbsu:
Why not? Why doesn't it cut it? If Richmonds top disposal getter has 22 touches then by your logic should the entire team get dropped?

Why do you value disposal numbers more than impact? Are 50 1 metre handball better than 25 lace out kicks to a forward?

Don't feed the trolls
Can I just give them this morsel...

Richmond reigning premiers and currently outright first on the ladder!! Wooooooooooooooo
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHMOND!!

On a serious note I think Ben Brown should get dropped because he leads the Coleman but only just and won't kick anywhere near 100 goals. He will be lucky to crack 70 and that is a very low number given that low numbers are the thing for the OP.

Why not? Why doesn't it cut it? If Richmonds top disposal getter has 22 touches then by your logic should the entire team get dropped?

Why do you value disposal numbers more than impact? Are 50 1 metre handball better than 25 lace out kicks to a forward?
Drop the entire team? Now you're being silly.

Can I just give them this morsel...

Richmond reigning premiers and currently outright first on the ladder!! Wooooooooooooooo
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHMOND!!

On a serious note I think Ben Brown should get dropped because he leads the Coleman but only just and won't kick anywhere near 100 goals. He will be lucky to crack 70 and that is a very low number given that low numbers are the thing for the OP.
Ben Brown and how many goals his kicked has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Jog on mate.

Agree. Run up too long.

Someone needs to tell him he's a full forward not bloody Dennis Lillee.

Drop the entire team? Now you're being silly.

Ben Brown and how many goals his kicked has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Jog on mate.
But they all had such low disposal numbers. Didn't you say disposal numbers mean everything?
I'd everyone had 22 or less then by your logic they should be dropped.

And why didn't you answer my 2nd question? 50 1 meter handballs or 25 lace out kicks to a forward? Which is better?

Here is a couple of high numbers for ya...

Richmond have scored 1839 points this season.

Richmond have been awarded 60 premiership points so far this season.

Huge numbers. Cotchin captains this team where these numbers are the most important numbers to be looking at.

So you see, let me paraphrase that line from Raiders of the Lost Ark "you're digging in the wrong place!"

Nevermind, you just didn't know any better OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back