On Current Form....Should Cotchin Be Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well saying the team is a low disposal team doesn't quite cut it for me.

As I've already mentioned...Cotchin plays midfield and only midfield. Doesn't play forward and he isn't getting tagged.

There's no excuse for his low numbers.

But at least you're trying to add something to topic..so I give you credit for that :thumbsu:
BUT MUH POSSESSIONS

Here is a couple of high numbers for ya...

Richmond have scored 1839 points this season.

Richmond have been awarded 60 premiership points so far this season.

Huge numbers. Cotchin captains this team where these numbers are the most important numbers to be looking at.

So you see, let me paraphrase that line from Raiders of the Lost Ark "you're digging in the wrong place!"

Nevermind, you just didn't know any better OP.

Valid points.....unfortunately none of those have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Drop the entire team? Now you're being silly.

Ben Brown and how many goals his kicked has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Jog on mate.
Oh but it does Geeves because the focus is on the low output not the individual isn't that the power of your argument? Low numbers must be addressed wherever they pop up. You don't want to be accused of being partial now eh?

Oh but it does Geeves because the focus is on the low output not the individual isn't that the power of your argument? Low numbers must be addressed wherever they pop up. You don't want to be accused of being partial now eh?
You're welcome to start a thread of your own mate.

Valid points.....unfortunately none of those have anything to do with the topic at hand.
If you concede they are valid points but then declare they have nothing to do with the topic it sounds like a huge admission of confusion on your part about what the actual topic is about which i believe you began in the first place.

You've just turned the ball over on a kick in with less than a minute to go on the clock but its ok you weren't leading anyway.

The thread topic is about Cotchin...not the midfield brigade of Richmond FC. In Hindsight maybe it should have been.

Regardless...I think you and many others in this thread are confused on what the role of a midfielder is.

The role being....you have to win the ball 1st and foremost. Everything else is second.

Cotchin (as shown in the OP) has been very quiet in this regard for the last 4 weeks.

I think you mean well but the numbers don't lie.

Actually the role of a midfield is to create inside 50's, not just gather first possession and tonight we smashed the cats in penetrating there defence 68 v 40 something.

Actually the role of a midfield is to create inside 50's, not just gather first possession and tonight we smashed the cats in penetrating there defence 68 v 40 something.
Na m8, midfielders role is to rack up disposals. The bigger number is all that matters.
* pressure, impact, clearances, inside 50s. None of that matters compared to disposal numbers.

I dunno why teams haven't started just having 2 midfielders handball back and forth over and over again. They would be the best team in the comp easily!

What are the moderators doing allowing this rubbish ?.Seems like to me they like to pick and choose to much.Over 5 pages still running laughable.

Last edited:
If you concede they are valid points but then declare they have nothing to do with the topic it sounds like a huge admission of confusion on your part about what the actual topic is about which i believe you began in the first place.

You've just turned the ball over on a kick in with less than a minute to go on the clock but its ok you weren't leading anyway.
Points can have nothing to do with the topic but still be valid.

Hence the encouragement to start your own thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think of this what you will, but you beat the Cats in almost every aspect of the game tonight and in the end you were probably lucky to get the points, same as last week against Collingwood, Collingwood were all over you IMO until being 2 down kicked in.

Fact is you're not in sparkling form, who knows, maybe you're going through a heavy training load knowing top 4 is sewn up, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary.
Sorry Frank, luck has nothing to do with it

The thread topic is about Cotchin...not the midfield brigade of Richmond FC. In Hindsight maybe it should have been.

Regardless...I think you and many others in this thread are confused on what the role of a midfielder is.

The role being....you have to win the ball 1st and foremost. Everything else is second.

Cotchin (as shown in the OP) has been very quiet in this regard for the last 4 weeks.

I think you mean well but the numbers don't lie.
BS

Probably Richmond's best midfielder, easily their best contested midfielder.

But the following numbers for the past month don't make for good reading for a player who isn't getting tagged....

fwKJ3tr.png

If you say so.

Sorry Frank, luck has nothing to do with it
Considering Richmond has won the grand total of 4 or 5 finals over a 20 year period (give or take) i agree with you.

Fact is if you turn up to september with your last 2 weeks form you'll be heading to Perth for a prelim, and that's if you get through week 2, and that's on top of you guys having * all injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back