FTA-TV On the Couch 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just glad they didnt try to wedge a woman in there for modern society values.

David King just picked Essendon to win the flag so maybe hes on mental health leave?

Yet just 18 months ago he went on several FoxFooty shows and argued that Essendon needed to clean out its list, don't bother bringing back the suspended players as it would take them years to be competitive.

Yet just 18 months ago he went on several FoxFooty shows and argued that Essendon needed to clean out its list, don't bother bringing back the suspended players as it would take them years to be competitive.
Kingy works on the basis every football follower has a short attention span I reckon.

It amazes me how people who have failed in the actual action - was Wallace's main lieutenant at the Tiges and that went well - become gurus when they hit the media.

Thought it was OK for a first up, will take a few weeks for the cast to gel and will be handy when there's actual footy issues to talk about. Unsure on Roos though, doesn't really present well.

Glad to see Roos on the show, but I must be one of the few to think good riddance to Dunstall. He was a great footballer, and I dont doubt his footy smarts and ability to convey insights - but am I alone in finding him threatening? He has the 'hard man' aura down pat, but for me all that simmering aggression is too much of the wrong type of 'old school'.

Glad to see Roos on the show, but I must be one of the few to think good riddance to Dunstall. He was a great footballer, and I dont doubt his footy smarts and ability to convey insights - but am I alone in finding him threatening? He has the 'hard man' aura down pat, but for me all that simmering aggression is too much of the wrong type of 'old school'.
He yells even when speaking in normal conversation, its annoying.
NEVER EVER watch Bounce, thats a Dunstall that is idiotic and infuriating.

He yells even when speaking in normal conversation, its annoying.
NEVER EVER watch Bounce, thats a Dunstall that is idiotic and infuriating.

Dunstall's comedy skills have always been dire; somehow that mid-90s 'feud' he had with Sam Newman on TFS somehow convinced him and the industry that he was a comic genius and he's doing the same one-note lame humour for the past 20 years.

Also Paul roos is a little too in love with how he is coming across than what he is actually saying.. watch how many times he licks his lips and closes his eye lids like some idiot. Way too in love with himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos (as long as he's not talking about Sydney anyway) is very good.

Guys like Garry Lyon are absolute frauds, supposed to be some beacon of footy knowledge but there is a reason the guy has never had the courage to get into coaching and camped in the soft media gigs.

I always thought Lyon was pretty solid on Access All Areas with Barrett. I thought that used to be one of the better shows because they got through most of the same discussions that Monday 360 and On the Couch got through in 10 minutes inatead of an hour. Dunstall was the best one on the show. King has his pros and cons but wasn't too bad. So I think overall they took out the best two and kept the worst two. Browny's okay but if I have to hear "the great Leigh Matthew's" all season, I'd almost be tempted to switch over to Q and A.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide Crows involved in "cult like behaviour" where players are still distressed by it. :rolleyes:

I dont think thats far from the truth.
I can see you guys making the 8 but not winning the flag with current list.

Roos (as long as he's not talking about Sydney anyway) is very good.

Guys like Garry Lyon are absolute frauds, supposed to be some beacon of footy knowledge but there is a reason the guy has never had the courage to get into coaching and camped in the soft media gigs.

Because you get paid more for less work...?

Also Paul roos is a little too in love with how he is coming across than what he is actually saying.. watch how many times he licks his lips and closes his eye lids like some idiot. Way too in love with himself.

Roos has his favourites (like all of us), but it annoys me he just cannot bring himself to offer praise to someone he doesn't rate, especially those who had the temerity to leave his beloved Swans. Trying to get him to say something positive about Mitchell's 54 disposal game was like trying to find hens' teeth. Don't often watch shows like this, last night I was reminded why.

Last edited:
Kingy works on the basis every football follower has a short attention span I reckon.

It amazes me how people who have failed in the actual action - was Wallace's main lieutenant at the Tiges and that went well - become gurus when they hit the media.

My thoughts precisely. My favourite was a segment SEN used to have when Terry Wallace was portrayed as the "expert" on how to build and manage an AFL playing list ..... after the shipwreck he caused at Richmond. :)

First one I've seen this year but Lyon seemed like a fish out of water and looked/talked as if he was super nervous the whole show. Was weird for someone who has been in the media pretty much full time since he has retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back