Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Out: King and Dunstall
In: Roos and Lyon

Glad to have Roos back (hanneberrys, kennedys, jacks, goodies), don't mind Lyon who is pretty good on Access All Areas. Good riddance to King, Dunstall was replaceable but still a loss.

Would prefer they just had Walls and Roos but this will do.

Poor changes - Roos offers little for an ex-coach, while Lyon has a limited skill set - King would bring statistics to add value to any discussion, while Dunstall would speak his mind.

Poor changes - Roos offers little for an ex-coach, while Lyon has a limited skill set - King would bring statistics to add value to any discussion, while Dunstall would speak his mind.

I dislike King passing himself off as the statistics expert though.

He should be sending Glenn Luff a bottle of grange every week for his media career.

I dislike King passing himself off as the statistics expert though.

He should be sending Glenn Luff a bottle of grange every week for his media career.

Wow - King's job is to dissect and analyse the stats,then try to present them in an understandable form - He does a good job.

Wow - King's job is to dissect and analyse the stats,then try to present them in an understandable form - He does a good job.

Problem with this industry is they don’t allow fans access to more advanced stats, far less than you’re permitted in lot of other sports.

Don’t mind King, sometimes can give good interpretation but a lot of times he’s only benefit is his access to stats.

Very weird mive from Fox, though they've clearly backed themselves into this corner with the amount of media talent they've accumulated.

Roos has a good footy brain but struggles with contextualising his observations, last time around every comparison started with Sydney. :rolleyes: If he doesn't go down that road, he should be a good get.

King is pure stats w***ery, some of it is useful, but 90% of the time it's useless. No real loss.

Dunstall is a massive loss, speaks his mind, articulates well, and has the added bonus of an insight into the administration of a club. His knowledge covers all facets of the game, and he voices it.

Will never understand the hype around Lyon in the media, he's just an average performer, certainly not the prized addition that he gets represented as. He won't improve the show.

We, sorry I mean Sydney...

Can’t stand him.

Bring back wallsy. He’s not afraid to call players/coaches out. Unlike the AFL boys club which the media has become.

OUT: 2 90's Industry men.
IN: 2 90's Industry men.

Off with the wallpaper, On with the wallpaper

It's just regurgitation. But we'll watch.....because......well because it's dribble about footy. Which we all have a taste for.

Ratings have dropped a fair bit over the past couple of years which is probably the main reason for this change. But like you said, probably needed a fresh face and not a well-known media identity with views that people will have a fair idea of (although I think Lyon is pretty good value).

And like somebody already mentioned, if they wanted to freshen it up, surely the easiest thing to do would be to find a new host. Healy has been in the role for around 15 years and has been in the media for a quarter of a century; I don't think he's anything special that he has to be a permanent fixture there.

Very weird mive from Fox, though they've clearly backed themselves into this corner with the amount of media talent they've accumulated.

Roos has a good footy brain but struggles with contextualising his observations, last time around every comparison started with Sydney. :rolleyes: If he doesn't go down that road, he should be a good get.

King is pure stats ******y, some of it is useful, but 90% of the time it's useless. No real loss.

Dunstall is a massive loss, speaks his mind, articulates well, and has the added bonus of an insight into the administration of a club. His knowledge covers all facets of the game, and he voices it.

Will never understand the hype around Lyon in the media, he's just an average performer, certainly not the prized addition that he gets represented as. He won't improve the show.

Based on the above, David King, with ll his statistical know how would like to point out that 10% of the time it's useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dislike these changes, it looks like Fox Sports is trying to dumb itself down.

Dunstall is one of FoxFooty's better performers, wheres Lyon is basically a yes man who never says anything challenging, and Roos basically brings Sydney into every conversation. With King, I didn't mind him although I thought he focused too much on the stats without giving enough thought to their context, although watching him talk up Essendon after saying that they were gone for years was bemusing T.V.

While Kingy does at times go a little crazy on the stats, I enjoyed how he tried to describe the tactics of teams and gave some insight that basically no other footy show does. Hopefully Roos will be providing some of this during the year.

I'd love for them to broaden the scope of their interviewees as well, it gets a bit repetitive hearing from coaches and players every week (I ended up fast forwarding so many last year). How about CEOs talking about this business side of football or recruiters talking about list development? Just something to mix it up a bit more.

Dislike these changes, it looks like Fox Sports is trying to dumb itself down.

Dunstall is one of FoxFooty's better performers, wheres Lyon is basically a yes man who never says anything challenging, and Roos basically brings Sydney into every conversation. With King, I didn't mind him although I thought he focused too much on the stats without giving enough thought to their context, although watching him talk up Essendon after saying that they were gone for years was bemusing T.V.

What? Have you ever watched classified? Lyon raises many topics that end up being talked about in the footy world. He was the first one to go hard on Naitanui for being over rated

Out: King and Dunstall
In: Roos and Lyon

Glad to have Roos back (hanneberrys, kennedys, jacks, goodies), don't mind Lyon who is pretty good on Access All Areas. Good riddance to King, Dunstall was replaceable but still a loss.

Would prefer they just had Walls and Roos but this will do.

goodseys.

remember when goodes applied the knees first tackle? roos said it was due to his soccer days and muscle memory

What? Have you ever watched classified? Lyon raises many topics that end up being talked about in the footy world. He was the first one to go hard on Naitanui for being over rated
Of course he was. Jack Watts was a total bust as a 1st pick so he had to get the heat off his MFC somehow

How has this thread got this many posts without someone asking why 2 men were taken off the show and neither of them are named Jonathon Brown?

Am I missing something?

I'm just glad they didnt try to wedge a woman in there for modern society values.

David King just picked Essendon to win the flag so maybe hes on mental health leave?

The new foxfooty ad with mrs T dropping the hosts etc off....saw for first time last night. Is that brand new? Did lol when the Couchies (on the couch hosts) got out of the car and garry walked the wrong way only to be led the correct way by the others.
I actually enjoy that ad.
Her telling Dusty not to argue while he's got that kid-like grin...

Theres a full ad for foxsports with all differnet sports people, and theres one for fox footy only.

I don't think I've been more aware of how unchecked I've been on footy in the offseason, then when Healy opened by saying the biggest scandal was Melbourne players opting out of a preseason camp.

Did not know that was a thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back