FTA-TV On the Couch 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you hear Brown's line about the AFLPA awards?

Lyon asked him whether the Brisbane players took the voting seriously or whether they messed around and ruined it for everyone. And Brown said: "We nearly ruined the Most Courageous Award one year - we all voted for Nathan Lonie but that's another story."

Is it just me or has OTC become the Melbourne Demons Hour?

See the previous page.

(Another good example is occurring right now, too. Having devoted about 30 minutes to Melbourne, they're now whizzing through a totally simplistic 'analysis' of the seasons of the teams that finished 9th to 18th with about a minute at most spent on each. Ridiculous.)

Last edited:
Did you hear Brown's line about the AFLPA awards?

Lyon asked him whether the Brisbane players took the voting seriously or whether they messed around and ruined it for everyone. And Brown said: "We nearly ruined the Most Courageous Award one year - we all voted for Nathan Lonie but that's another story."
It was pretty well know in footy circles that they (Brisbane) voted for Lonie as a massive pisstake.

This show would be more worthwhile, and possibly remotely interesting, if they devoted even a fraction of the time they spend discussing Melbourne every single week to the other 17 teams.

It might as well be renamed Demons TV.

Got a good laugh over this. This show is so Melbourne centric, it's become a bloody joke. Roos is the most biased campaigner going around.

team takes to massive scalps just before the finals after being called soft and over rated all year and a footy show talks positively about them.

Shock horror

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It is ridiculous how biased they are and I love it :D

Imagine how bad it’ll be if we beat Geelong
Geelong have as good a percentage as Melbourne so they must be doing something right - I have tipped Geelong to win by 1 point with the percentages being so close. I have picked Geelong mainly due to their finals experience. Do wish Melbourne all the best but most times when playing finals for the first time in ages, teams come unstuck as they get caught up in the media hype in just making the finals. We will know in a couple of weeks I guess. How have Melbourne gone against Geelong this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im glad im not the only one who has found the rolling coverage of Melbourne unbearable. They are simply an improved side, nothing more nothing less. Why half the show has to be dedicated to them is stupid.

I dont think Lyon offers much at all week to week, Brown is a loudmouth who talks over everyone. Roos is okay usually (just becomes annoying when Lyon drags him into the Dees wankfest).

I reckon Brown and Lyon have to go. I rate OTC as above 360, wish it was 90 mins so they dont feel the need to talk over each other constantly snd they can talk everything out.

I also think there is room to have OTC - Vic and OTC - Interstate. Both would have value and I would watch both.

There was only going to be one outcome when they had Healy, Lyon and Roos as panelists. It would be like assembling Peta Credlin, Andrew Bolt and Ray Hadley and expecting an unbiased discussion about Tony Abbott.

Don’t forget Tom Morris, the guy who comes on for the last couple of minutes and talks about the trade rumours, he’s a Melbourne fan too. But I’m pretty sure Healy is a Swans man, does anyone know for sure? He has hidden it quite well.

Don’t forget Tom Morris, the guy who comes on for the last couple of minutes and talks about the trade rumours, he’s a Melbourne fan too. But I’m pretty sure Healy is a Swans man, does anyone know for sure? He has hidden it quite well.

healy def a swans man

Michael Sheehan asked lyon why none of the alpha males asked gil about his role in the au pair scandal. lyon said hand on his heart, 100% honestly they werent told by fox or the afl to refrain from asking. Furthermore, lyon said its a sports show and they only talk sport.

Brown really has to pull his big ugly boof head in. Jesus Christ dont they teach manners in the bush? Constantly barelling in over someone well after they have started speaking. Shut up.

I think Brown jumped the shark this week...

First he plays the hard man in dismissing Phil Davis’s comment on Buddy pushing him into marking contests. Says something along the lines of “if the defender wants to play in front then I am going to push him into the contest and hopefully he gets knocked out” *

Then he is the schoolboy dutifully agreeing with teacher (Healy) that Toby Green’s studs-up fend ought to be pushed out of the game.

Make up your mind, Brownie. Are you a caveman or not? (Hint: you are a caveman)

*btw I hate that tactic. It is incredibly dangerous. Taylor Walker is the worst.

The show has gone rapidly downhill. Roos just repeats himself in the same sentence like a senile old man in an old people’s home; Lyon states the obvious and does virtually no research; Brown tries to be controversial and Healy is slowly sinking into oblivion.

The show has gone rapidly downhill. Roos just repeats himself in the same sentence like a senile old man in an old people’s home; Lyon states the obvious and does virtually no research; Brown tries to be controversial and Healy is slowly sinking into oblivion.
I don’t mind Roos because he obviously has a brain and a hell of a career to draw on. Gerard tries to be professional but tends to dumb it down and go for one-liners when trying to control “the children “
Lyon is totally winging it - as you say. It’s painful to watch when he offers some kind of grimace as a substitute for insight. He is more footy show / bounce material at this stage.
Brown is basically awful as well. Zero insight. 1990 perspectives. Regurgitated thoughts at best with a large helping of “tough messages” delivered to camera as if any player is a) watching and b) not rolling his eyes.

I reckon Gerard, Roos + a good footy journalist would be a much better show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back