FTA-TV On the Couch 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

healy def a swans man

Leading up to the West Coast v Melbourne game he declared himself a Melbourne man, said he was very nervous about the game. Don't worry though, these guys change like the wind. It would only take Sydney to go further into September then Melbourne in 2019 and he'll be back declaring his allegiance to the Swans.

I think Brown jumped the shark this week...

First he plays the hard man in dismissing Phil Davis’s comment on Buddy pushing him into marking contests. Says something along the lines of “if the defender wants to play in front then I am going to push him into the contest and hopefully he gets knocked out” *

Then he is the schoolboy dutifully agreeing with teacher (Healy) that Toby Green’s studs-up fend ought to be pushed out of the game.

Make up your mind, Brownie. Are you a caveman or not? (Hint: you are a caveman)

*btw I hate that tactic. It is incredibly dangerous. Taylor Walker is the worst.

A few weeks back on the Footyology podcast Mark Fine criticised Jonathan Brown as being more interested in giving comments that fitted in with his tough guy persona instead of giving his genuine views.

I don’t mind Brown as a special comments man but there does seem to be that element to his commentary and judging by other comments here, it’s even worse on OTC.

A few weeks back on the Footyology podcast Mark Fine criticised Jonathan Brown as being more interested in giving comments that fitted in with his tough guy persona instead of giving his genuine views.

I don’t mind Brown as a special comments man but there does seem to be that element to his commentary and judging by other comments here, it’s even worse on OTC.

Does brown know about these comments?

Honestly, I think this show would be significantly better in podcast format - go for however long they need to talk about the stuff each week. It's a reasonable show, for mine, otherwise. I don't mind the bias, as they're human, we're all biased, at least a bit. They're not media professionals, just ex-sportspeople, for the most part. They do a pretty good job, for what the show sets out to be.

Leading up to the West Coast v Melbourne game he declared himself a Melbourne man, said he was very nervous about the game. Don't worry though, these guys change like the wind. It would only take Sydney to go further into September then Melbourne in 2019 and he'll be back declaring his allegiance to the Swans.

Healy doing some serious Sideshow Bob style flip flopping if he said he was a Melbourne man. Always been clearly a Swans man in his media career and seemed to have little regard for the Demons.

Healy doing some serious Sideshow Bob style flip flopping if he said he was a Melbourne man. Always been clearly a Swans man in his media career and seemed to have little regard for the Demons.

He gets his little obsessions. There was a stage there where he was all giddy over the Dockers. That was about the same time he kept calling Matthew Boyd ‘Brad’ and Liam Picken ‘Marcus’.

Didn’t he also call the Suns ‘Gold campaigners’ at some stage as well?

Finey is spot re Brown and his tough guy comments. Also seems with Brown that he must spend all his prep time preparing for one or two moments where he gives his opinion on something. It seems so rehearsed that when someone else disagrees slightly or offers contrasting view, Brown either seems to get annoyed or becomes lost. Offers nothing.

I used to think Roos was ok and he still is at times but bias as all **** towards Dees and Swans.

Can take Lyon in small doses but poor chemistry with the others. Biased as well, he had Jesse Hogan in his mid year All Australian team.

They need new talent. Harford as host with Connolly, Bartel and possibly Dunstall back.

Finey is spot re Brown and his tough guy comments. Also seems with Brown that he must spend all his prep time preparing for one or two moments where he gives his opinion on something. It seems so rehearsed that when someone else disagrees slightly or offers contrasting view, Brown either seems to get annoyed or becomes lost. Offers nothing.

I used to think Roos was ok and he still is at times but bias as all **** towards Dees and Swans.

Can take Lyon in small doses but poor chemistry with the others. Biased as well, he had Jesse Hogan in his mid year All Australian team.

They need new talent. Harford as host with Connolly, Bartel and possibly Dunstall back.
I can live with Healey and Roos, but i would love you to be right on Brown and Lyon getting moved on. Serious couch-cloggers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the lowbrow level of the standard of most AFL commentary, Tom Browne really stands out as having NFI

Gerard constantly pumping up his tyres has gone from irritating to painstaking.
Tom Morris, you mean? you think he has no idea?

would agree with Tom Browne (the ch7 reporter chump)

WTF kind of "professional sports show" is this? its like something out of ch31.
you watch the premier league today, at least they go in depth and illustrate stuff. they talk about a topic for 10-15 mins and not skim over something for 30 sec.

a lot of these ex players in the media arnt fit to be TV if we are being honest. amateur

Retro OTC from 2002 on NOW! lol the set, couches and clothing!

healys swans love even then was evident. said locketts return will result in 70 goals 2 weeks prior, then said 35 this episode.
Haha, remember him gushing about that comeback on 3AW back in the day; was thinking the Swans were premiership contenders because of it.

WTF kind of "professional sports show" is this? its like something out of ch31.
you watch the premier league today, at least they go in depth and illustrate stuff. they talk about a topic for 10-15 mins and not skim over something for 30 sec.

a lot of these ex players in the media arnt fit to be TV if we are being honest. amateur
I still much prefer to watch AFL over EPL but in terms of media coverage much prefer to listen to EPL YouTube shows and podcasts now.

AFL media is so insufferable imo that the less you consume the more you enjoy the game. Apart from Footyology & The Front Bar trying to avoid it all this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back