FTA-TV On the Couch 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t like Brown or Lyon on the show.
Reckon Brown is there to bring the “passion”. He certainly doesn’t bring insight in any other areas. Not sure passion is what the show is about.

Lyon is all opinion and no arguments.

Harley, Roos and Dunstall would be a better group IMO

Brown vs Lyon “banter” is a deplorable waste of screen time in what is generally a high quality show.

Not a single mention of either the WA teams this week. Pretty sure every other team got a mention.

Just watched it and pretty sure a few other teams/games weren't mentioned as well.
Can't recall the Collingwood/Bulldogs game or the Melbourne/Sydney game.

It only goes for 50 odd minutes and it was an ordinary game.

Hasn't this show turned into absolute shite?

So lazy now, all four of them clearly just rocking up for an easy pay packet. All these stupid little segments that they can breeze through without a second thought, the topics for which have probably been picked out for them by the producers/work experience kids.

Embarrassing stuff.

Still my favourite show by a fair margin but the rubbish where Lyon tries to needle Brown every segment has to stop.

One of them has to be swapped, probably Brown even though his ability to articulate opinions at times gets underrated due to his delivery. Wouldn’t mind Dunstall back.

Hasn't this show turned into absolute s**t?

So lazy now, all four of them clearly just rocking up for an easy pay packet. All these stupid little segments that they can breeze through without a second thought, the topics for which have probably been picked out for them by the producers/work experience kids.

Embarrassing stuff.
Haven't watched it much in recent years but saw a bit of it tonight and was surprised how bad it was.

A discussion on Essendon's woes just seemed to go around in circles without anyone saying anything. A similar issue came up when discussing why WC & Rich had such poor contested ball stats and yet were top 4. Also Healy seemed to be struggling with some of the technical aspects of hosting the show.

If nothing else could do with one less panel member.

Edit: the lack of discussion on this thread this year a sign of how irrelevant this show has become.

Format of the show is good, but the cast isn't ideal

Dunstall is a better presenter when he's not buffooning around on Bounce.
I'd replace Healy with him

And Lyon is pretty good

I've enjoyed Goddard on that podcast with Clark, Dixon and Carey. He'd be a good one for recent player insights into the game.

Dunstall + Lyon + Goddard and a guest each week if they need 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Roos 'analyses' a play, which is essentially him just telling you what he is seeing on the tv - 'this guy goes over there, that guy drops back ... he moves over there ... ', I am constantly reminded of the scene from Wayne's World where Garth is imagining himself in a dentist chair being forced to watch Kenny G.

It's amazing how the experts can predict what's going to happen in vision of a play that's already happened.

You are 1 from 2. Lyon is like a little kid digging at his mates. That is not a good host.

He could be good but like me he will always be a 20 yo.

i think that's his calling. he can host shows, but easily falls back into little jabs or jokes. Its the MMM way where he learnt his craft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back