On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think this one, as it is, is my favourite in the series. Followed closely by Spice Road. Eastern Wonders feels a little bit more “full” mechanically, but it plays at a different pace.
Gave it a run through with the Spice Road market on the weekend. Tied for points. Have only played Eastern Wonders twice now and Spice Road the once, several months ago, so don’t have a favourite of the two as yet.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lakers | 49ers | SMC Gaels
Played Lost Ruins of Arnak with a couple of friends on Board Game Arena the other night. Thankfully I'd watched some how to play vids in advance. Surprisingly I won, even though my friends had played it a couple of times already.

Not sure I'd buy it for myself but I enjoyed it.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
2x run throughs of Dune: Imperium Solo with Paul Atreides. Came 3rd in first game and knocked both AI's off in the second on easy mode. A great game really enjoyable.

Will try to get in some Marvel Champs this week!

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pandemic Legacy Season 0 nearing its end. We completed 2 of 3 objectives at our first crack at November (so considered adequate).

We trusted Sabik, the on the run CIA agent, when given a choice prior to first November game. So far appears the right choice.
9BC5A2C7-023C-407A-8AEA-9146E8C6ED0D.jpeg
Also a couple of games of Sprawlopolis. Pocket card game wife got via Kickstarter. Also Get the McGuffin and Time Stories.

Then last night Mansions of Madness. First crack for us at a difficulty 5 of 5 scenario. Failed, but close. Will give it another crack soon.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On the weekend we tried out Cosmic Frog, one of two games wife got me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago (disregarding the Kickstarters already ordered myself 😜). Weird theme of giant frogs swallowing parts of planets, with victory off most of different kinds of lands and most in a row on your board of swallowed lands. Was good. will play again, though not one that’s going to break into my top 10 games.

3953DBC7-12AF-4C1F-AF7B-BDD1DEFF8AE5.jpeg

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It makes you think some game designers are on LSD when they come up with their themes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, but can see that with so many games put out the last 5-10 years it must be harder to get one to stand out as not just another worker placement/card collection/dice rolling/horror etc like so many before.

Chief

Shill
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
Went through a few games OTW.

Machi Koro, Star Fighters (my son's home brew game), and Barenpark with the kids on Saturday night.

Then The Crew and Regicide on Sunday.

Regicide as a card game is a bit clunky. There is obviously a path to optimal play but... I dunno. Didn't grab us.

The Crew, however, is addictive. It is a great game. We played some, then had a barbecue, then played a few more hands. I think we played about 15 scenarious out of the 50.

EnolaGay

Premium Gold
Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
The Crew is great, perfect gateway game - I mean, it is just a trick taking game, however, cleverly packaged and themed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad