On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Drakon - quick and easy game where you play one of 6 characters (each with a different ability) and steal the dragon's gold. Game really needs 5 or 6 players to work well but is lots of fun.

Citadels - card game where you build districts in your city by selecting different characters each round which have different abilities - sometimes to benefit yourself, sometimes to interfere with others. I really like this game. Only played 2 and 3 player so far. This weekend will be 5 or 6 players.

Quartermaster General - WW2 game where the Axis take on the Allies. Played 3 games. Won the first easily then flogged twice in a row having got simply shocking cards. I really like this game but the luck of the cards do have a big influence.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thursday night braved the depths of Africa with Ticket to Ride - Africa map. Managed to win by wife selecting ticket to complete when both down to almost all carriages done and I’d done my tickets. So I just completed a long route to get down to enough carriages to trigger end game and hope she didn’t have the ticket already or almost already done. She didn’t so won (and got called some names for doing an obvious move to have her having to take points off 🤪).

35C84EAE-1752-4B64-A00E-08562252A2F0.jpeg

Today, only bit over 3 months since my birthday, but finally got to try out Tidal Blades Heroes of Reef, that I got for it. Both of us no clue what we were doing so rulebook and guide continually consulted. We both enjoyed it, so will reset for us to play again now we have some idea on how to play it.

D9697E17-C8EA-4ACE-AB05-92331513515A.jpeg

Last edited:

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
We played Dominion twice (I won the first against two really experienced players, but they did direct me twice when I was unsure of my move) and then a quick game of:

Recently purchased Dominion as I’ve heard lots of good things. And Escape from Atlantis is on my to buy list!

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
It's quite a simple game, good for kids but also pretty fun for us.
Great family game, though everyone needs to be prepared for brutality! I like to use the extra modules and variant rules to really crowd up the board.

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Three games of ‘Shadow Kingdoms of Valeria” and one game each of “Trick Shot” and “Rollercate”

Afew games nights planned this week so fingers crossed for even more to share. We’ll plat TfM, Azul, Dice Command and Nidavellir at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad