On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday night played Bananagrams and then Uno with five friends, followed by Dominion and 7 Wonders with four players while the other two played with the dog. It seems I can't win at Dominion these days - having introduced it to my housemate, he's killing us at it :oops:

You better BELIEVE I won that game of Exploding Kittens.

View attachment 702072
I once witnessed a game where we were playing with an expansion that included an Imploding Kitten - essentially a bomb that is placed face up in the deck once drawn and cannot be defused. Someone had 3 defuses and needed to play them together in order to steal a skip to avoid the imploding kitten at the end game.

Raiders of the North Sea looks interesting. What's it like?
It’s a really clever implementation of worker placement. You get 2 actions a turn . 1 based on placing a meeple and then picking up a meeple from another location .

There is a Gamenight episode if you want to check out how it plays.

Played King of Tokyo, Colt Express and Rock, Paper, Wizards. The latter was a new one for me. Enjoyable without being mentally taxing.

First time playing KoT with evolution cards as well as the die of fate from the Anubis Monster Pack. The die of fate seems somewhat overpowered but if you like your KoT hardcore then it's there to use. I liked the addition of the evolution cards. They add some spice and variation to characters that, when played under the base rules, are essentially the same.

Raiders of the North Sea looks interesting. What's it like?
On sale, too:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the Lands of Gas...

Heavy accusations of minmaxing against my fleet of buggies in team Weenie Madness - bottom right of pic.

Mini gun out the front, machine gun out the rear. 4 vehicles for 50 cans.

1A6CAEA7-CA4E-4A78-8496-945B57241C61.jpeg

Another session of Gloomhaven and Pandemic Legacy S1 under our belts.

In Gloomhaven we played the Inox Encampment scenario. Things were looking quite dire at one point, until our Spellweaver, who'd just reached level 2, SLAYED 4 enemies in one turn with her new level 2 card (and followed that up quickly with 2 more kills). Ironically my Scoundrel's battle card involved NOT looting, which helped me at the end with perks, but damn there was a lot of coin left on the table.

It turned out the copy of Pandemic Legacy my friends had was a fake. They subsequently got themselves a new (legit) copy, so (in our previous session) we started again from January ... which we failed to win. This time round we managed to get the required cures, only causing a couple of outbreaks in the process.

A game of Black Angel (cane second because I didn’t get the rules around tech bonus chips), some Azul, and a game of Fallen Land - a win for me on 80 town health after an onslaught to take me down killed my whole party and lost me all my spoils. Too late, biartchez!!!!!

View attachment 729395

View attachment 729396

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First game being Dungeon Master for D&D on Saturday night (players were wife, eldest son, couple of friends and their eldest daughter). Using the D&D starter kit. Combat was straight forward enough to run and fun to run. I need to work on my managing the role playing side though. Still at least didn’t go too badly for the first go.

First game being Dungeon Master for D&D on Saturday night (players were wife, eldest son, couple of friends and their eldest daughter). Using the D&D starter kit. Combat was straight forward enough to run and fun to run. I need to work on my managing the role playing side though. Still at least didn’t go too badly for the first go.
I just bought the new Essentials Kit. Will probably give it a run with just my housemate playing. Lessen the impact of my non-existant DM'ing skills. LOL.

Finally got time to play The Ancient World. Like other Red Raven games a combination of Worker placement and card collection. 6 rounds of building up your Capital City to fight off Titans each round out to wreck them.

Firstly set up to play (my board on the left).

675DC85C-189F-40F7-B766-49A477D34BF5.jpeg
A 48-41 victory for the first time through.

E5938E76-42EC-4047-AAAC-BE7845583EB1.jpeg

Attachments

• 02CE294C-0E39-4098-9F67-70FAF2D65F19.jpeg
    02CE294C-0E39-4098-9F67-70FAF2D65F19.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 104

Remove this Banner Ad

Back