SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
We've been playing, and live streaming KLASK. Created a family tournament and playing Tues-Thurs. I lost on Tournament point last night on an own goal!

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
This weekend:

Combo Fighter, a card game that very cleverly riffs of a Street Fighter, arcade theme.
Dice Hospital, my new favourite.
Copenhagen Roll and Write, it is a bit sketchy compared to the main game.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Launched my new game room on the weekend and played Nemesis (5 players). Much success!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
cda2a6af105c930cda35b09fa2b13264.jpg
86ae6483ddc225e8566eea0095137777.jpg

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Launched my new game room on the weekend and played Nemesis (5 players). Much success!

cda2a6af105c930cda35b09fa2b13264.jpg
86ae6483ddc225e8566eea0095137777.jpg
That's glorious. I think some selfies from the rest of us will need to get posted soon!

As an aside, has anyone here played the game Too many Bones? We haven't really got into the RPG side of things but this might tickle enough of our group's interest if I can get a copy.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
has anyone here played the game Too many Bones? We haven't really got into the RPG side of things but this might tickle enough of our group's interest if I can get a copy.
I just saw it reviewed on 3 Minute Board Games, and pretty sure I watched something about it on Shut Up & Sit Down a few months back. I was interested in it until I saw you can only order it online (via the publisher's site) and it comes in at about AU$245 (incl. shipping). :(

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Played betrayal at house on the hill last night with some friends who actually aren’t really into this sort of thing. We managed to get the whole house layed out before the haunt began. It was also the first time I’ve played with 6 players all up which made the haunt scenario really fun.

Such a great game, always throws up something different!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tried out Forgotten Waters for the first time last night and today. Missed a couple of rules at the first crack last night and lost. Ran it again today, not missing these (ones that help the players) and passed the first scenario. It’s 3+ players, but went with the wife and I running 2 each and it worked ok. Will look to run a proper 4 player game (can do up to 7) with gaming friends soon.
Top to bottom - Setting up, first objective reached, choosing options during a round and lastly my successful pirate Fatty, whose definitely not a magically animated skeleton, no matter what the rest of the crew think.

I’d recommend for anyone liking scenario/story driven type games.

ECEA9928-3708-420D-A306-ED9ECA98B4D3.jpeg
8DFAF2F5-B3CC-4A68-BE9D-57E6A38B931E.jpeg

DAA8B79C-1214-46B0-A8D3-D9E392FF447C.jpeg
207D506E-D76E-4C3E-B2AC-DDA50A984DBD.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tried out Forgotten Waters for the first time last night and today. Missed a couple of rules at the first crack last night and lost. Ran it again today, not missing these (ones that help the players) and passed the first scenario. It’s 3+ players, but went with the wife and I running 2 each and it worked ok. Will look to run a proper 4 player game (can do up to 7) with gaming friends soon.
Top to bottom - Setting up, first objective reached, choosing options during a round and lastly my successful pirate Fatty, whose definitely not a magically animated skeleton, no matter what the rest of the crew think.

I’d recommend for anyone liking scenario/story driven type games.

View attachment 971854View attachment 971855
View attachment 971856View attachment 971857
I got this recently, looking forward to the first play through soon. How was it with just 2 players?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I got this recently, looking forward to the first play through soon. How was it with just 2 players?

With 2 pirates each it worked ok. You've got the various 'paperwork' roles (7 of them) assigned amongst the players, like tracking supplies, crew numbers etc., so playing 2 as 4 pirates means each person gets more of those, but they are all straight forward and don't take much of the time.

With 4 pirates there's quite a few places in the location book where two of the pirates have to choose either to Feed the crew or Sail options (the three types of options - one's any number of pirates can do, one's only one pirate a round can do and one's that MUST be done). So with 4 pirates around half the time you'd get half the pirates restricted. Sail wasn't as bad, as you'd still get a skill improvement, but whichever pirate had to take Feed the crew is basically burning their turn, no chance to do anything interesting or upgrade your pirate / get treasure etc.

With the mix of these must options in some locations and the split of multiple/single options at locations I think 5 or 6 players (or potentially 3 pirates apiece at 2 players) would be the sweet spot. 7 pirates I think you'd end up not getting an option you want too often (choice of option is based on infamy, which can be adjusted up or down by various means during the game to jump ahead / drop behind other pirates). It's still enjoyable at 2 players with 4 pirates, but next time probably going to try it as 2 players with 6 pirates and see if that's better.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
With 2 pirates each it worked ok. You've got the various 'paperwork' roles (7 of them) assigned amongst the players, like tracking supplies, crew numbers etc., so playing 2 as 4 pirates means each person gets more of those, but they are all straight forward and don't take much of the time.

With 4 pirates there's quite a few places in the location book where two of the pirates have to choose either to Feed the crew or Sail options (the three types of options - one's any number of pirates can do, one's only one pirate a round can do and one's that MUST be done). So with 4 pirates around half the time you'd get half the pirates restricted. Sail wasn't as bad, as you'd still get a skill improvement, but whichever pirate had to take Feed the crew is basically burning their turn, no chance to do anything interesting or upgrade your pirate / get treasure etc.

With the mix of these must options in some locations and the split of multiple/single options at locations I think 5 or 6 players (or potentially 3 pirates apiece at 2 players) would be the sweet spot. 7 pirates I think you'd end up not getting an option you want too often (choice of option is based on infamy, which can be adjusted up or down by various means during the game to jump ahead / drop behind other pirates). It's still enjoyable at 2 players with 4 pirates, but next time probably going to try it as 2 players with 6 pirates and see if that's better.

Cheers. Hoping to play it next week with 5.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lots of games over the long weekend here in SA. Saturday the wife and I Mansions of Madness. A 4 hour scenario that we narrowly lost, but both enjoyed getting to the table again. Sunday a Gloomhaven Forgotten Circles scenario (completed).

Then the Monday an Adelaide board game group day at Angle Park. Got to try Jamaica, Campy Creatures and Eight Minute Empire : Legends, which we've added to the list of games we want. Also played Cat'astrophe which stopped part way through it was that dull and won't be added to the list.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Games night with our gaming friends postponed from last Saturday to this (hopefully), so wife and I got in scenario 5 (of 10) of Near and Far. Yah, at half way! Better keep moving that along since Sleeping Gods should finally arrive later this year. Not to mention now have backed Frost Punk for later next year and Pandemic Legacy Season 0 is finally out (plan to get before the weekend for 4 of us to start). Where do I sign the petition for more days in the week? (All to be part of the weekend of course!).

Back