on this day.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow, I remember celebrating that goal like crazy. He was on a huge drought, hadn’t scored in his first 16 games or something like that. Every Liverpool fan was desperate to see him get off the mark because despite being goalless he had actually been playing really well.

Pretty sure he scored again soon after.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
Wow, I remember celebrating that goal like crazy. He was on a huge drought, hadn’t scored in his first 16 games or something like that. Every Liverpool fan was desperate to see him get off the mark because despite being goalless he had actually been playing really well.

Pretty sure he scored again soon after.
Should have been an og too iirc. I think the disputed goals committee took pity on him.

DEVO

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Wenger’s 1000th game in charge, with Arsenal hit for 6. Watched that one in Bangkok with a couple of colleagues and two Chelsea supporting clients. Eventful evening.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
6-2 or something wasn’t it? I think I remember a Van Persie goal or brace but I could be mixing up my years haha

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I think so, that was back in 2011 too I believe.

Crazy good game. It was the early Saturday night game.
Yep, that’s right. Remember watching it at our local club. Think that might’ve been the first time you’d won there in a while.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
6-2 or something wasn’t it? I think I remember a Van Persie goal or brace but I could be mixing up my years haha
The hat trick was at the Bridge (thanks to a Terry slip). The brace you refer to was at Old Trafford a few seasons prior. Side note, United scored 8 that day however that’s not the question you asked so it’s irrelevant for now.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
The hat trick was at the Bridge (thanks to a Terry slip). The brace you refer to was at Old Trafford a few seasons prior. Side note, United scored 8 that day however that’s not the question you asked so it’s irrelevant for now.
Was that the day Andre Santos morphed into Roberto Carlos?

Remove this Banner Ad