on this day.........

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember both those games so clearly.

Don't get to watch as many games as I used to.

I remember the Rooney goal especially because I did a SGM on United to win, overs and Rooney to score, or something like that. To tick off your goal leg with a strike like that was pretty awesome haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has some ripping quotes too;

🗣
"Quality without results is pointless. Results without quality is boring."
🗣
"Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is."
🗣
“Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1000 times. Anyone can do that by practicing. Then go and work in the circus. Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right time, to the correct foot of your team mate.”
🗣
"Why couldn’t you beat a richer club? I’ve never seen a bag of money score a goal."
💰
🇳🇱

🗣
"In my teams, the goalie is the first attacker, and the striker the first defender."
🗣
”Before I make a mistake, I don’t make that mistake."
🗣
“One day, Romario asked me if he could miss training to go to Brazil for carnival. I said: ‘If you score 2 goals tomorrow you can go.’
He scored twice in 20 minutes against Real Madrid and asked to be replaced: ‘Coach, my plane leaves in 1 hour'.”
😂
😂
😂

🗣
“Every coach talks about movement, about running a lot. I say don't run so much. Football is a game you play with your brain. You have to be in the right place at the right moment, not too early, not too late."
🗣
"I'm not religious. In Spain, all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw."
🗣️
"The most important part of football is the fans, that people go home happy. It's their time off, and you should give them something to enjoy."
"Football is now all about money. There are problems with the values within the game. This is sad."
🕊️

🗣️
"For the world of football, Messi is a treasure. He is a role model for children around the world. He is the player who will win the most Ballon d’Or in all of history. He will win five, six or seven. He is incomparable. He plays in a different league."
🕊️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back