Other Teams
Manchester United

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did your Chelsea mate tell you that one?
Actually they probably did.

I recall one telling me that all the trophies they had won since Roman arrived didn’t amount to half the enjoyment he got when Chelsea won the fa cup in 1970

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
LOL. If it makes you feel better to think that's the case who am I to burst your bubble.
It doesn’t make me feel better but it resonated and I reckon I’d feel the same. Everyone is different but these guys were solid fans, loved their club as much as anyone could. It’s interesting the different effects it has on people

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Absolutely loved Gullit back in the day. One of my first favourite players. It probably doesn't get mentioned much but Hoddle played a big part in where we are now IMO, he mad us an attractive team for better players to sign for and made us a force again in cup comps. Or maybe thats just my teenage nostalgia.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Absolutely loved Gullit back in the day. One of my first favourite players. It probably doesn't get mentioned much but Hoddle played a big part in where we are now IMO, he mad us an attractive team for better players to sign for and made us a force again in cup comps. Or maybe thats just my teenage nostalgia.

Not your imagination.

You were bouncing between top of Div 2/bottom of Div 1 during the 70s and 80s, Hoddle comes in 1993, first season makes the FA Cup Final, second season signs Gullit and Mark Hughes.

Hoddle attracted Gullit, and Gullit attracted everyone else. It was only when the latter became manager you started signing the likes of Di Matteo, LeBoeuf, Zola, Vialli.

From that point on you were pretty well established in the top 6 until Mourinho’s arrival.

Back