on this day.........

His words were "I could name at least 10 players today better than Baggio".

Without being biased, I could struggle to think of three.

KDB probably the only one who comes close. And maybe Lewa.
Today? ...Imagine him at Bayern or Man City today! I have a heavy bias to the 90s. Ask him to watch some of his Fiorentina highlights including dribbling past the best defence in club football at the time (Napoli). Would love to know his list of 10

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Today? ...Imagine him at Bayern or Man City today! I have a heavy bias to the 90s. Ask him to watch some of his Fiorentina highlights including dribbling past the best defence in club football at the time (Napoli). Would love to know his list of 10
Messi and Ronaldo are givens, I will agree with that.

I just struggle to think of 10 players today better than Baggio, let alone as good as.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

The goal against Czechoslovakia at Italia 90 was the quintessential Baggio goal. True modern great.

I image him staying at Fiorentina and forming a formidable partnership with Batitstuta. Surely there was at least one Scudetto there for La Viola.

I image him staying at Fiorentina and forming a formidable partnership with Batitstuta. Surely there was at least one Scudetto there for La Viola.
He did form a good partnership with a striker ..can’t remember name. Wonder if they would have bought Batistuta if they held on to Baggio

He did form a good partnership with a striker ..can’t remember name. Wonder if they would have bought Batistuta if they held on to Baggio
Batistuta was about 20/21 when he signed with Fiorentina, and I think he was a bit of a bargain buy at the time as well. The Fiorentina VP "discovered" him so even if Baggio was still around Batitstuta was going to Florence.

It was Bati and Rui Costa (great player but inferior to Robi)
Rui Costa was a very good player who I loved watching as well, but he wasn't Baggio. He was even a fourth rate Baggio.

Yeah I refuse to get in a helicopter, they just seem like death traps.

theyre fine, have been in them a couple of times. bad accidents happen in cars also.

Yeah but in a car you aren't hundreds of feet in the air.. You could say the same of just walking down the street, but everything I hear about helicopters just sounds like a bad idea.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Yeah but in a car you aren't hundreds of feet in the air.. You could say the same of just walking down the street, but everything I hear about helicopters just sounds like a bad idea.

All true but theres hundreds of millions of uneventful flights all the time worldwide on choppers.

I did it in Vegas for a grand canyon tour. Once the pilot explained the safety features it wasnt an issue for me. Theyve even got autorotate feature so can land even with an engine failure.

All true but theres hundreds of millions of uneventful flights all the time worldwide on choppers.

I did it in Vegas for a grand canyon tour. Once the pilot explained the safety features it wasnt an issue for me. Theyve even got autorotate feature so can land even with an engine failure.

That's great but still a no for me.

The dumbest part about using that expression here is that this is the very reason a few of us are saying we won't get in a chopper. We only live once we don't want to waste it going down in a chopper.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The dumbest part about using that expression here is that this is the very reason a few of us are saying we won't get in a chopper. We only live once we don't want to waste it going down in a chopper.

Yeah, each to their own. Helicopters are a very safe form of transport, thats borne out by the facts.

Pretty much any form of transport we use involves a minute amount of risk.

For me personally I am not worried about it. Others may be and theres nothing wrong with that.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Been in one, once.

It carried 5 people including the pilot, I didn't feel unsafe but I don't know if I would rush to get in one again.

Back