on this day.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, I remember celebrating that goal like crazy. He was on a huge drought, hadn’t scored in his first 16 games or something like that. Every Liverpool fan was desperate to see him get off the mark because despite being goalless he had actually been playing really well.

Pretty sure he scored again soon after.

Wow, I remember celebrating that goal like crazy. He was on a huge drought, hadn’t scored in his first 16 games or something like that. Every Liverpool fan was desperate to see him get off the mark because despite being goalless he had actually been playing really well.

Pretty sure he scored again soon after.
Should have been an og too iirc. I think the disputed goals committee took pity on him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wenger’s 1000th game in charge, with Arsenal hit for 6. Watched that one in Bangkok with a couple of colleagues and two Chelsea supporting clients. Eventful evening.

6-2 or something wasn’t it? I think I remember a Van Persie goal or brace but I could be mixing up my years haha

The hat trick was at the Bridge (thanks to a Terry slip). The brace you refer to was at Old Trafford a few seasons prior. Side note, United scored 8 that day however that’s not the question you asked so it’s irrelevant for now.

The hat trick was at the Bridge (thanks to a Terry slip). The brace you refer to was at Old Trafford a few seasons prior. Side note, United scored 8 that day however that’s not the question you asked so it’s irrelevant for now.

Was that the day Andre Santos morphed into Roberto Carlos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back