glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I remember Henry laughing at Spurs fans for celebrating the 2-2 draw when it meant Arsenal won the title.

This is brilliant stuff, the way he recalls that interaction with Taricco jumping up and down celebrating a draw whilst Arsenal won the title.

“He got a cramp out of it by the way” :D

I swear something funny happened on this day but its slipped my mind
DembaBa.JPG

Scouse mates weren't happy with me.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Im still so torn at that moment in history.

I think it stems from what I want for Gerrard whom I have massive respect and love for and what I want for Liverpool which obviously is the greater of the two.

If Gerrard doesnt slip and we go on to win or draw that match, we win the league. Winning the league that year would have been amazing for LFC and of course particularly Gerrard. But if we win it that year, we never get Klopp.

Ugh...

I guess it was just meant to be.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Im still so torn at that moment in history.

I think it stems from what I want for Gerrard whom I have massive respect and love for and what I want for Liverpool which obviously is the greater of the two.

If Gerrard doesnt slip and we go on to win or draw that match, we win the league. Winning the league that year would have been amazing for LFC and of course particularly Gerrard. But if we win it that year, we never get Klopp.

Ugh...

I guess it was just meant to be.

Who knows. Liverpool finished 6th the following season (and finished 3rd behind Basel in their CL group) and then he was sacked after MD 8 of the 2015/16 season. No guarantee that a Premier League title would have kept Brendan Rodgers in the job for an extra season and 2 months.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Who knows. Liverpool finished 6th the following season (and finished 3rd behind Basel in their CL group) and then he was sacked after MD 8 of the 2015/16 season. No guarantee that a Premier League title would have kept Brendan Rodgers in the job for an extra season and 2 months.
Yeah who knows. Its a sliding doors moment but the title win would have given Rodgers incredible credits in the bank and may have stayed execution long enough for us to miss out on Klopp.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Rodgers may have won you multiple titles, you just never know
Yeah it is what it is. If we win the title dies Suarez stay though? I think he was off either way which is why he was so upset when we lost the league. Cos he wanted to leave the hero.

So i reckon we were never winning more titles with Suarez going. But who knows. Shame for Gerrard but in the end we got Klopp and it all worked out.

Back