Once you lose the players, do you ever really get them back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course you can. I remember when we had new execs takeover the company. We all eventually lost faith and culture dived. New execs came in, claimed they would not make the same mistake, and the business reinvented itself and a more positive vibe was felt across the organisation. The key to getting people back is mutual buy in. Of course no change at that level would mean no change at lower levels. People are people. Get back to dealing with the person first, the footy players will follow

Of course you can. I remember when we had new execs takeover the company. We all eventually lost faith and culture dived. New execs came in, claimed they would not make the same mistake, and the business reinvented itself and a more positive vibe was felt across the organisation. The key to getting people back is mutual buy in. Of course no change at that level would mean no change at lower levels. People are people. Get back to dealing with the person first, the footy players will follow

I think you’re arguing my point.

A actually, I am not sure I am. I reread your original post which seemed more a question than a statement.but if it backs your original thoughts, happy to assist.

Inanimate objects don’t lose the players, it’s the people within the club. Pyke and his cohorts were mentioned specifically. Your example relied upon the removal of the executives who caused the loss of faith in the first place. My question was whether Pyke and his crew can actually regain the trust of the playing group? Your example doesn‘t argue against my OP, it’s exactly the outcome it expects is required.

Inanimate objects don’t lose the players, it’s the people within the club. Pyke and his cohorts were mentioned specifically. Your example relied upon the removal of the executives who caused the loss of faith in the first place. My question was whether Pyke and his crew can actually regain the trust of the playing group? Your example doesn‘t argue against my OP, it’s exactly the outcome it expects is required.
I think you've been proven correct, you can't normally.

But did Buckley win them back or did he never lose them?

oh. I thought you were referring to the club, not Pyke. um

so if Pyke was still coach and lost the players, you’d think it would be bloody hard, maybe near impossible.
But if the club, I feel my post was valid.

it seems to me that we are probably in agreement about the two. Yeah?

I think you've been proven correct, you can't normally.

But did Buckley win them back or did he never lose them?

Buckley cut off some talented players that were loyal to Mick. They went to the draft and he rebuilt. I doubt that he ever actually lost any the group that were important to their rejuvenation. And, what exactly do you mean by, “you can’t normally”? The only time that I’ve definitely been wrong was when I backed the club when appointing Burton in the first place.

oh. I thought you were referring to the club, not Pyke. um

so if Pyke was still coach and lost the players, you’d think it would be bloody hard, maybe near impossible.
But if the club, I feel my post was valid.

it seems to me that we are probably in agreement about the two. Yeah?

Agree. But, I think it relies upon a succesful firewall between Pykeo/Burto/Campo and Rooo/Chappo who have had ultimate control of the footy department and remain. If the players look no further than the hands on problem, then we’re ok. I think we will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back