Moved Thread One hit wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

False

Their first single ”Dance Stance” charted in the UK Top 40

Their second single “Geno” went to no.1

3rd single, “There There My Dear” made the Top 10

“Show Me” reached no.16

They got their second number 1 single with “Come On Eileen”

The follow up single: a cover of Van Morrison’s “Jackie Wilson Said” reached no.5

They had a further two singles from the Too-Rye-Aye album which cracked the top 20

A couple of years later, they cracked the Top 20 again with “Because Of You”

So that’s two number 1’s, another two top 10’s and another four Top 20 hit singles

They made five albums which peaked in the UK charts at 6, 2, 20, 13 and 10

The Bureau
Ex-Dexys members Pete Williams (bass), Geoff Blythe (tenor saxophone), Steve Spooner (alto saxophone), Stoker (drums) and Mick Talbot (keyboards) engaged the services of manager Dave Corke, a previous manager of Dexys Midnight Runners, and promoted concerts in Birmingham to raise money to finance the group.[1]

In December 1980, the band were joined by Rob Jones (guitar and trumpet), Tony Bischoff (bass) and Archie Brown (vocals) from a group called The Upset, which had supported Dexys on tour. The Bureau began rehearsals with a trombonist known only as Jake (formerly of the R&B, soul, funk act Gonzalez),[2] who came and went.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bureau

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton 1995
Always found it funny how they could strip Watsons medal and not grant us our rightful premiership.
Carlton weren't over in 1995. Carlton and Essendon broke the cap a lot in the 90's as did other clubs and won flags around doing so but not in those years though there were questions over Essendon in 93. Carlton were done in 93 but were runners up. As far as I am aware no AFL team has breached the salary cap and won the premiership but I may stand corrected.

Carlton weren't over in 1995. Carlton and Essendon broke the cap a lot in the 90's as did other clubs and won flags around doing so but not in those years though there were questions over Essendon in 93. Carlton were done in 93 but were runners up. As far as I am aware no AFL team has breached the salary cap and won the premiership but I may stand corrected.

Essendon did it in 93.

Elliott admitted they were way over in 1995.

Do you really think they were over in the early 90s and over in the late 90s, but magically stuck to the cap in the mid 90s?

They rorted the entire decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back