Moved Thread One hit wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

One hit wonder seems a little generous to Richmond, there needs to be a more accurate description of their flag.
Blight on the game?
Embarrassing to the league?
Rubbish year, laughable that they landed in front.
Of all the saltiest melts, this must be one of the most pathetic :thumbsu:
Thank you so much for posting :rainbow:

Its too early to call Bulldogs one hit wonders and definitely too early to suggest Richmond are (though I hope so for the sake of Bigfooty). Plenty of teams struggle to live up to last years flag (hell Geelong was never able to back up their flags and they were one of the most dominant teams ever over a sustained period). We've had more runner ups that have been one hit wonders than premiership teams in the last decade and a half.

I guess if I had to pick one - probably Collingwood 2010. They popped in won their flag and never made it to any more gf's and just steadily declined after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its too early to call Bulldogs one hit wonders and definitely too early to suggest Richmond are (though I hope so for the sake of Bigfooty). Plenty of teams struggle to live up to last years flag (hell Geelong was never able to back up their flags and they were one of the most dominant teams ever over a sustained period). We've had more runner ups that have been one hit wonders than premiership teams in the last decade and a half.

I guess if I had to pick one - probably Collingwood 2010. They popped in won their flag and never made it to any more gf's and just steadily declined after that.
Umm

One hit wonder seems a little generous to Richmond, there needs to be a more accurate description of their flag.
Blight on the game?
Embarrassing to the league?
Rubbish year, laughable that they landed in front.
Not sure why certain hawks supporters are so bitter about Richmonds flag.
Very very strange.

Edit: Just saw your join date. What a wonderful time to get on board the Hawks.

Not sure why certain hawks supporters are so bitter about Richmonds flag.
Very very strange.

Edit: Just saw your join date. What a wonderful time to get on board the Hawks.
The story goes Ty Vickery asked to be traded to a club that would pay him above his market value, to cover some personal business losses he had incurred.

Dimma wanted to prank his good mate Clarko.

Win-Win.

Bit of an obscure one but in 1900 Melbourne managed to win the flag from sixth due to a fairly bizarre finals system, they made the finals in 1902 but wouldn't make the finals again until 1915. One of the weirdest and arguably least deserved premierships in history. Didn't even play the top placed home and away side in the finals.

How dare you!!!!

Came out of nowhere to win the flag as absolute underdogs and disappeared the next year.

Certainly a better candidate than the Tigers, who are beginning a golden age that will last for a hundred years.
You know your rampant pessimism could rub off on your team if they read bf

Richmond.

Only team to win a flag from 3 finals the past and next 15 years. It's not even possible to win a premiership with any less finals. They take the cake.
What happens when they make finals again this year?

Also your post makes no sense.
What does "the past and next 15 years" mean? Every flag side needs to win 3 finals in a year to win the flag, so not sure what that means either.

You know Richmond played finals in 2013, 2014 and 2015 yeh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back