ONE likely to be axed - What does this mean for F1 broadcasting in Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

OzBomber

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2006
Walton Breck Rd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ricciardo
With that prick Packer wanting shitty Sky News instead of channel ONE, it means we're likely to go back to the stone age of having races on at midnight again.

Does anyone know when the rights next come up for review and would you be happy if Fox got it?

You're kidding me?

I don't have Fox, and I can't afford to get Fox, so if One gets the axe, I'm stuffed.

Yeah, way to go, Mr Packer, axing the one and only free to air 24/7 sports channel ... :mad:

You've got to love these wealthy people dont you? Here's Packer, the prick is going to stuff up the viewing pleasure of millions of people so he can turn a profit........BASTARD!!!

You've got to love these wealthy people dont you? Here's Packer, the prick is going to stuff up the viewing pleasure of millions of people so he can turn a profit........BASTARD!!!

Based on previous experiences, I don't think Jamie's had to trouble the scorers too much on the 'making profit' board.

I reckon Kerry would be happier if he just snorted the seas of cash he's lost up his nose.

I live in the sticks and don't get ONE, so nothing changes for me. Lots of people who use the same streams i do constantly whinge about that fox speed channel, so good luck with that.

Bernie will probably not sell the rights to Fox given his major preference for FTA coverage, despite the presence of the new Speed channel on Fox.

I know someone down at Fox. Apparently they've been dealing with FIM for years trying to get the rights to F1 but Bernie won't budge. He wants FTA.

That said, his opinion MAY change if he sees that F1 is going to be relegated back to a 3am finish on our channels, but in all honesty I don't think he gives that much of a stuff what time it's on.

Time to jump on FilmON.com and stream the BBC over the interwebs or just use a proxy IP and watch it on the BBC red button online.

Either way, I'm not going back to midnite F1.

Problem is millions ain't watching more like 1%

One won't go I don't think
And when did you change your name to OzBomber?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way, I'm not going back to midnite F1.

Neither am I. But I think once Mark Webber retires, unless we get Ricciardo in F1 by then the coverage will probably be pushed back to midnight. Packer probably wouldn't dare do it when Webber is with a competitive team with a chance of winning the title. The question is, will the viewing numbers be the same if Webber retired from F1 tomorrow? I think that's their bottom line - as long as people are watching it, they'll put it on live.

Ideally Webbers probable retirement at the end of next year coincides with Ricciardos entry after a season of GP2.

Ricciardo Anglo sounding enough?

Your point? What does it matter if his name doesn't sound 'Anglo'? Hell, I disagree with the whole notion of supporting a driver based solely on nationality - should only be based on merit, nothing else. But for those that do support Australians - why does his name matter?

421,000 viewers for the final race. 314,000 on ONE alone. Superb for a race held at midnight. :thumbsu:

If that doesn't say anything about keeping ONE, I don't know what will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back