One month to go until preseason matches begin - What are you most looking forward to?

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Besides being able to catch glimpses of this years draftees from every club who may get little to no exposure during the H&A season, I'd have to say it's always great to see the footy go to the regional or suburban areas around Australia which get pretty much no AFL exposure during the season.

Fantastic to see the AFL bringing footy back to Arden Street and also continuing to bring the footy to other suburban grounds that share a rich history such as Ikon Park and Whitten Oval.

Then also the continued AFL exposure in regional areas in every state with places like Geraldton, Mount Gambier, Moe, Coffs Harbour and Mackay playing host to AFL pre-season games this year as well is personally quite exciting for me as I quite like the vibe of country footy IMO.

Also unlike last year when all games in the last week of the pre season were played on grounds used throughout the AFL season, this year in the last two days of pre season games, all games will be played in regional or suburban areas and they are in Moe, Noarlunga, Bendigo and Albury. Generally, in the last week of pre season games, all AFL teams generally put most of their best 22 in which means these regional areas will be able to see the teams play to near full strength which I don't think has happened much in the past few years of the pre season campaign.

Last edited:
Footy at Whitten Oval, Bob & Crammers, premiership vibes.

You're just so 2016. :)

Most would simply want to see their youngsters or an exciting new game plan.

I'm particularly keen on watching McKay, CCurnow, Petrevski-Seton, Pickett and Fisher through the series.
All are in contention for a round 1 start, so this could help or hinder their progress.

Seeing Bevo put inexperienced youngsters in unfamiliar roles and watching all somehow miraculously work

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Also looking forward to the ongoing speculation on Fyfe and Dusty Martin's contract situations.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I never believed I would say this....but.....
Sam Mitchell, in his new colours.
Can he perform like he did in his old colours and what will the flow on effect be to the rest of our midfield.

Also Duggan and Sheed, two young guys we want to become young guns.

It will. When we do well again, we are in for another bad year...

Yes indeed :(

As for me, can't see the team in person so in all seriousness I'm looking forward to the WNBL Finals, Freo Women's @ Casey Fields (won't be going to the Whitten Oval) and saving money for 20 pub trips next year (screw you channel 7 you turds)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Im looking forward to people complaining that these games are apparently a waste of time because there is no silverware on the line and the season should just be extended instead. :rolleyes: Every year.

On a more serious note, seeing Dave Swallow back out there running around. The dude has been itching to get back on the field in the 1's and has trained at least 1 whole house down apparently. Also hopefully seeing Bowes, Brodie, Scheer and Fiorini get some solid minutes in the middle and Ainsworth up forward. And the ruck battle between Witts, Currie and Nicholls.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
ANZAC DAY, Essendon/Collingwood,mad arse supporters,noise,abuse,fights, feeling the luv already.

Back