One Nation Senator Malcolm Roberts British citizen when elected

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd read that he has a background in mining. Roberts proves the case that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
Mining attracts a lot of dense people because of the $$$ thrown around.

About to slink back to much deserved obscurity. Now he'll just be the bloke you don't want to get stuck talking to at a party, instead of being Senator the bloke you don't want to get stuck talking to at a party. Coming at a time when it seems like we are more divided than ever, it's heart warming to see that there's almost universal support for this being a really good thing.

About to slink back to much deserved obscurity. Now he'll just be the bloke you don't want to get stuck talking to at a party, instead of being Senator the bloke you don't want to get stuck talking to at a party. Coming at a time when it seems like we are more divided than ever, it's heart warming to see that there's almost universal support for this being a really good thing.
I can see him having another crack next time around, sadly. Doesn't seem the kind of bloke to willingly give up the spotlight.

If our Pauline's sister gets the senate spot by default, I reckon it will only be temporary. She has the look of someone who'd get her **** caught in the ceiling fan if she tried to scratch her arse, whereas Roberts has rat cunning. He's too import to the party to leave out.

According to Antony Green the 3rd guy on the PHON ticket in QLD would be ruled ineligible but it would create a casual vacancy. In that case it leaves the door open for someone else to take the seat apart from Pauline's sister. If Roberts has renounced his citizenship, we could see Malcolm Roberts replaced... by Malcolm Roberts.

According to Antony Green the 3rd guy on the PHON ticket in QLD would be ruled ineligible but it would create a casual vacancy. In that case it leaves the door open for someone else to take the seat apart from Pauline's sister. If Roberts has renounced his citizenship, we could see Malcolm Roberts replaced... by Malcolm Roberts.
Are we sure Pauline would want to replace Malcolm Roberts with Malcolm Roberts?

Last edited:
Are we sure Pauline would want to replace Malcolm Robrts wit Malcolm Roberts?
I wondered that, although he's suitably lap doggish, and seems to know which side of his bread is buttered. But he does present terribly, and even if she's not bright enough to see that, you can guarantee Ashby has.

I wondered that, although he's suitably lap doggish, and seems to know which side of his bread is buttered. But he does present terribly, and even if she's not bright enough to see that, you can guarantee Ashby has.
I think I recall them saying or showing on Insiders that she actually does try to make him shut up. The only one with any confidence in him is himself. And that bloke can't be trusted.

Roberts and his research capabilities=Dumb!

Roberts has previously stated he sent two emails to the British consulate on 1 May and 6 June 2016 to renounce his British citizenship. But the court was told on Thursday the email addresses to which those messages were sent were invalid, with one decommissioned in 2010 and the other simply incorrect. A third email address used for the second message, however, was valid and correct.

The court heard Roberts said he found the email addresses “from his research on the internet”.

The high court heard in Brisbane on Thursday that Roberts was not only at one stage a dual citizen of Britain and Australia, but was also born an Indian citizen.

Roberts was born to an Australian mother and Welsh father in India in 1955.

The court heard an expert in Indian law found Roberts would have been an Indian citizen by birth but automatically lost it after he took Australian citizenship at 19.

Court must find he did not take reasonable steps otherwise (based on reporting of Roberts evidence alone which you would assume is favourable as it would be to him)
- it is ok to say I didn't read it so what I signed isn't valid
- it is ok to get a younger sibling who is not yet adult (16) to complete paperwork for a 19 year old (theoretically adult) then use that to explain not understanding the content of what you signed
- it is ok to send emails to random addresses to claim you are checking important facts and personal information (eg I'm not liable for that tax debt I sent you an email objecting)

Arrogant as well as an idiot!

Malcolm Roberts has conceded in the high court that he signed his senate nomination form thinking there was a possibility he held dual citizenship that made him ineligible to stand.

But the One Nation senator said that “the level of my possibility was very low”, insisting he simultaneously held a “firm belief” he had only ever been Australian.

Roberts’ own barrister said contrary to his evidence, it was “inevitable” the court would find he “understood at some level he probably was British” before he was naturalised as an Australian in 1974.

“He’s talked himself into a different belief about this,” barrister Robert Newlinds said, adding it was for the judge to decide how that went to his credit as a witness.

But Roberts, under cross-examination from barrister Stephen Lloyd, repeatedly insisted that “in all my dealings with the British government, it is still not clear in any way that I ever had British citizenship”.

That included receiving confirmation of his renunciation of British citizenship from the UK Home Office after he was elected and Roberts’ wife had chased up formal paperwork to renounce.

Lloyd repeatedly pressed Roberts on whether he now conceded, given the evidence before court and his own lawyer’s acceptance of it, that he had been a British citizen when nominating.

But Roberts repeatedly answered that he would check with his barrister before conceding this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#Millionpercent
So dumb it is only explanation is that bernardi is trolling for attention.

To say court is wrong means favouring magical thinking and "the vibe" over facts, wishful outcomes over judicial independence

#Millionpercent
Now we all know why the arrogant prick refused to how his papers to the public. Couldn't happen to a worse person. I really LOL'd.

Maybe we can send him back to India?

So dumb it is only explanation is that bernardi is trolling for attention.

To say court is wrong means favouring magical thinking and "the vibe" over facts, wishful outcomes over judicial independence

Bernardi won Mike Carltons RWFW of the week in a canter this week.

That Murray video was him vouching for the halfling

Now we all know why the arrogant prick refused to how his papers to the public. Couldn't happen to a worse person. I really LOL'd.

Maybe we can send him back to India?

1st time i ever saw or heard him speak was at THAT presser.
Vested interest in the case from that moment on , slimeball he is.
That moment when Pawleeeeen has more credibility than you do.

Now for " Turkish Bath Jimmy "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back