One on One with: Jacob Surjan

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Loved his endeavour and as mentioned a bright spot in a couple of dark years circa 2009/10.

But his greatest contribution was the inspiration behind the greatest avatar in this forums history, Surja Boy by tribey

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Plenty of guts and pace but yet another player with low skill levels, as Jacob said he wasn't the greatest of kicks which maybe due to his late start in Aussie Rules. I am pretty sure it was Jacob who made that 'line in the sand' comment to the press when we were in the middle of a run of outs. That got under the skin of many Port supporters because we thought the 'line in the sand' should have been drawn several weeks before and from memory we lost the following week despite a line being drawn in the sand.

Jacob's last couple of years was plagued with the classic 2-3 week injury. It seemed like every injury update from the Club had Surjan 2-3 weeks in it.

A 100 game player and a good club man plus anyone who helps beat Norwood in a Grand final is doing OK in my book.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jacob, is it true that you are actually a surgeon? So you're Jacob Surjan the Surgeon. And the name Surjan, isnt that serbian in ethnicity? So you're technically the Serbian Jacob Surjan that works as a Surgeon. And another question if I can, is it true you're not a fan of the sturgeon fish when it's cooked in a certain type of oil?

Jacob Surjan the Serbian Surgeon that frowns up Sturgeon cooked in extra virgin.

GUEST_2ce6d6ff-cb12-4f89-b433-35dd2079d3ba

Heinz Yellow Mustard.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Jacob, is it true that you are actually a surgeon? So you're Jacob Surjan the Surgeon. And the name Surjan, isnt that serbian in ethnicity? So you're technically the Serbian Jacob Surjan that works as a Surgeon. And another question if I can, is it true you're not a fan of the sturgeon fish when it's cooked in a certain type of oil?

Jacob Surjan the Serbian Surgeon that frowns up Sturgeon cooked in extra virgin.

GUEST_2ce6d6ff-cb12-4f89-b433-35dd2079d3ba

Heinz Yellow Mustard.

Caviar comes from the virgin sturgeon
The virgin sturgeon's a very fine fish
The virgin sturgeon needs no urgin'
That's why caviar is my dish

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Enjoyed that thanks OneonOneSA , the way he spoke about lacking enthusiasm when the club appointed Primus and didn't look outside for fresh ideas was interesting and shows players can be on a similar thought process as supporters sometimes.

Not disagreeing, but I must admit that there did look to be some green shoots in that last third of 2010 under Primus and don't think I was alone in being reasonably comfortable with him getting offered the full-time position. In hindsight though, yes it was pretty clear we needed a bigger shake up from someone with a more worldly coaching background.

Back