One past Bulldog to add to our current list

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Imagine you had a chance to do a deal with the devil where in return for a paltry soul, the Doggies could add one of our former players during their prime into our current team.

Only rule is that they must have played the bulk of their career with us.

Who do you choose and why? P.S it’s f*cking hard to choose and I still haven’t.

Last edited:

Chris Grant, no question. We are desperate right now for KPPs, so peak Grant would just be incredible. You could argue for guys like Whitten, Hawkins and Sutton, but they are more of the same that we already bat deep in. The only other one I thought of was John Schultz, but the dude was 191cm so there's no way he'd be anywhere near as good in the ruck these days as he was back then.

Wouldn't mind the mental strength of Sutton.
Would have to be chis grant
Could I pick tom boyd with him playing at his grand final best?
Gilbee would also look nice hitting naughton lace out.

Luke Darcy pre-knee would be handy. Swapping forward/ruck, he was mobile and could do both well.

Turtle is the obvious one though. He'd be short by modern standards (193cm as a KPP) but he was so good with the ball in hand and just had an aura about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Darcy pre-knee would be handy. Swapping forward/ruck, he was mobile and could do both well.

Turtle is the obvious one though. He'd be short by modern standards (193cm as a KPP) but he was so good with the ball in hand and just had an aura about him.

193 is tall for our backline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now, add a Brian Lake in his prime into this current line-up and we’re laughing. Gun key back would be our most pressing need and then a ruck.

If it couldn’t be an A Grader, I’d go slightly left field and choose the 08/09 Mitch Hahn. Be a very decent third sort of forward now with two talls already down there.

The Devil would have to use his dark magic to grow some of our greats to modern footy heights.

EJ would struggle in key position today when he was the same height as Tory Dickson!

Bont taller than Schultz, Templeton, Foster and Purser and same height as Grant.

Templeton same height as Jack Macrae

Foster only just taller than Wood, same height as Lachie Young and shorter than Moz and Zaine.

Beasley who was actually a big boy for a forward in the 80s at 195 and Dempsey at 197 in the 70s are probably the only old boys that could match 21st century size

Peak Lake would be handy but he’d still be prone to Trengove like kicking blunders.

Right now, add a Brian Lake in his prime into this current line-up and we’re laughing. Gun key back would be our most pressing need and then a ruck.

If it couldn’t be an A Grader, I’d go slightly left field and choose the 08/09 Mitch Hahn. Be a very decent third sort of forward now with two talls already down there.
Eagleton would be handy so would hargraves and gia if we are excluding a graders

The Devil would have to use his dark magic to grow some of our greats to modern footy heights.

EJ would struggle in key position today when he was the same height as Tory Dickson!

Bont taller than Schultz, Templeton, Foster and Purser and same height as Grant.

Templeton same height as Jack Macrae

Foster only just taller than Wood, same height as Lachie Young and shorter than Moz and Zaine.

Beasley who was actually a big boy for a forward in the 80s at 195 and Dempsey at 197 in the 70s are probably the only old boys that could match 21st century size

Peak Lake would be handy but he’d still be prone to Trengove like kicking blunders.

Imagine it went the other way and bont played in the 70s-80s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back