Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

A thread to nominate players you feel have continued their career for one too many years.

I'll start with Josh Kennedy (WC). 35 this year and hasn't looked like it in the slightest last week or this week and could be in for a step decline this year.

Steele Sidebottom is cooked

A thread to nominate players you feel have continued their career for one too many years.

I'll start with Josh Kennedy (WC). 35 this year and hasn't looked like it in the slightest last week or this week and could be in for a step decline this year.

Hasn’t played a decent game without Darling playing for a few years.
He’s going to struggle

Hasn’t played a decent game without Darling playing for a few years.
He’s going to struggle
Hurn in the same boat. West Coast should have done better list management wise at the end of last season (although rumours are this was not through lack of trying by the footy department).

Luke Dahlhaus has looked over cooked for 2 years now and counting

I know he played better in 2021 than he did 2020 but I am going to go with Taylor Walker. I suspect Jack Reiwoldt is close to cooked as well.

Stefan Martin being held together with tape and good wishes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be keeping an eye on Robbie Tarrant and Todd Goldstein this season with this thread in mind. Both slowed down considerably last season and don't have much left imo.

I'll be keeping an eye on Robbie Tarrant and Todd Goldstein this season with this thread in mind. Both slowed down considerably last season and don't have much left imo.
Will be interesting to see what these guys end up contributing to the overall success of their teams.

Goldys been a star and can’t imagine he has much left to prove. With the Roos rebuilding they will want to be getting as much ruck time into Xerri and CCJ as they look to the long term.

Ziebell is another in this boat. I think he’s contracted for 2023 as well.

Will be interesting to see what these guys end up contributing to the overall success of their teams.

Goldys been a star and can’t imagine he has much left to prove. With the Roos rebuilding they will want to be getting as much ruck time into Xerri and CCJ as they look to the long term.

Ziebell is another in this boat. I think he’s contracted for 2023 as well.

I’m not sure Ziebell is cooked. He’s just bog average and has been for many years.

We have one of the youngest lists.

So?

You're also carrying the likes of McEvoy, Shiels, Breust and Gunston, who were once great players but now aren't and are getting worse by the day.

So?

You're also carrying the likes of McEvoy, Shiels, Breust and Gunston, who were once great players but now aren't and are getting worse by the day.

How many Roos kicked more goals than Breust last year? How many Roos laid more tackles than Shiels last year?

Gunston missed the year but has played both practice matches so far. And is 30. 4 of your best 10 players are his age or older. Also, Anderson has not had a full season in 4 years.

Glass houses, mate.

I’m not sure Ziebell is cooked. He’s just bog average and has been for many years.
Possibly. The move out of the midfield was the best outcome for the team. I hope he gives them something from half back in his last couple of years.

Don’t think he is holding anyone back in that position with the kids they have at the moment and he does give them some leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back