One-season wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Dan24:
Regarding 1993.

We made the finals in 89,90,91,93,95,96,98,99,00

9 times in the last 12 years. OK, we didn;t make a Grand Final between 1993 and 2000, but we were hardly a one-season (sorry two season) fluke, like the Crows. We've been consistently in the finals, which is more than I can say for Adelaide.

I don't think 1993 was a one-seaosn wonder at all. We arguably had just as good tesm in 1995-96, but the competition improved and it was harder to win a premiership.

Dan...... Have a cry...

CrowsOK,

I admire how the Crows played in the finals in 1997 and 1998, but you seem to be under the mistaken impression that they were actually the years best team. Sure, they won the GF, but this doesn't "necessarily" mean they were the best team over 6 months. It just means they were the best "on the day"

Chelsea don't claim to be the best team in England, because the won the FA CUP, do they ?

Since, 1991, the Crows have basicaly been a big disappointmet. They have won less than 50% of their games (all time), despite enourmous resources. In fact, their overall 10 years win ratio, is about 48%

They have only made the finals 3 times in 10 years, they have never done better than 13-9 over the home and away, and they have never finished higher than 4th on the ladder.

Not really one year but one game wonder, the great man him self

Andrew Tranquilli (spelling) from Collingwood.

CrowsOK just had to ask:
Crows have not been as consistently in the finals as Bombers, no. Tell me any other club that made finals more than 3 times and achieved two flags in its first ten years? West Coast is one- any others?

Collingwood, Essendon & Fitzroy...and Brisbane Lions!
biggrin.gif

LMAO @ TODN being a n00b.

Um, at that time CrowsOk or should I abbreviate that COK, there that's better, saves on space, concise and accurate. Oh yes, at that time Carlton's 1995 season was the best in the history of the VFL/AFL. We had made the finals in 1993, 94, and then 96.

One season wonder? Sorry. I'm always happy to help out the intellectually stunted!

Geez, what's happening to me. three weeks in this site and I am turning into one of the regular angry fans. can not suffer fools lightly anymore.

It's scary that this was 8 years ago.

Time sure flies.

FWIW, Damian Cupido in 2003. First year at Essendon from Brisbane, kicked 40 goals and was a "genuine talent". Hardly seen again after that, mainly due to lifestyle choices over injury.

Ian Aitken - 1987 Rookie of the year. Part of the premiership side. Struggled from that point on.
i think he may have had an excuse. he played on dermie 3 or 4 times in his short career which also culminated in getting king hit by the smallest guy ever in the 'battle of london'. 20 years on and he still hears footsteps behind him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't it Chandler or Clarkson that smashed him?

Clarkson as an 18 yr old in the battle of Britain in London. Took on Rhys Jones as well - got 4 weeks. A few other guys got suspended.

I remember watching the game very late at night and thinking, "who's this kid playing for North - he's not scared of anybody or just plain stupid"

Ian Aitken - Won the award for best first year player in the AFL in 1987. Also played in a premiership team.

Then got his jaw broken and was never the same again.

Ended up getting traded to the Saints like many Carlton rejects during the 1980's!

Adrian McAdam would be right up there for 'one-season' wonders.

Thankyou Max, he always springs to mind when this topic is mentioned.

I remember Buckley, I think, saying at one point when someone spoke about this guy who could kick the footy into a garbage bin from 20 or so metres "well, let's just wait and see what he can do in a game."

Crows have not been as consistently in the finals as Bombers, no. Tell me any other club that made finals more than 3 times and achieved two flags in its first ten years? West Coast is one- any others?

that was like 11 friken years ago so stop celebrating it like it happened yesterday mate, no one cares

hahahahahahahahha
LOL hoffy! :D

You were responding to a post from nearly 8 years ago. ;)

Ah well these bumped threads from years ago can certainly play tricks on one. Perhaps that's one reason why they are frowned upon. :)

Still, I hate the Crows guts too. :thumbsu:

Was fascinating to see ODN going in to bat for the rep of Carlton even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back