One Test Wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Nesser looks set to go down in the tradition of handy domestic bowlers that only got a single shot at Test cricket -- alongside Chadd Sayers, Joe Menie, John Hastings, Clint McKay and James Faulkner. At least McKay and Faulkner had decent stints in ODIs. I suppose that's better than being like McGain, Casson or Cullen Bailey who had pretty mediocre first class careers but got a chance in our desperation to find the next Shane Warne.

On that note, researching Faulkner I discovered that he is still only 31-32. How did this guy disappear off the radar so badly that he hasn't played a FC match in almost 5 years.
I think you mean Dan Cullen?

I could say I meant the last Test in Australia before the reconciliation, but I would be lying. :)

I actually did think though that there was another tour before the parties kissed and made up, but for some reason I had it in my head that it was to Pakistan. But that was the following season, post reconciliation.
Yeah those tests against Pakistan were in Feb-March 1980 so the Aussies played the lazy 15 tests in less than 7 months. And they reckon today's players have a dense schedule.

The underarm incident was largely a result of Greg Chappell being angry at the crowded schedule.
I think he (Chappell) was also massively pissed off at the VCA as the state of the MCG wicket was disgraceful all summer. All came to a head on the afternoon with that one ball....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back