One thing you hate about your team

Remove this Banner Ad

nothing-zero.gif

I’ve never pronounced it like that and to be honest, I don’t know anyone who does.
This has been a thing for me for years.
The Aussie accent doesn't change much over the country, but I can always pick a Victorian.
BT is a good example, have a listen next time he says Melbourne, etc. Malbourne.

Obviously from your response not all Vics do it though. I've known people from Geelong and Ballarat who speak that way.

This has been a thing for me for years.
The Aussie accent doesn't change much over the country, but I can always pick a Victorian.
BT is a good example, have a listen next time he says Melbourne, etc. Malbourne.

Obviously from your response not all Vics do it though. I've known people from Geelong and Ballarat who speak that way.
May be a regional thing.

I ******* hate that we have lost 2 finals to Geelong. Ever.

It kills me that we have lost 6 of our last 41 games v Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon combined. I ******* despise that.

:)
I hate the Pies only got the opportunity to play Richmond once in finals since 2017. Always felt they couldn’t handle us under finals footy conditions. 2019 was a seriously lost opportunity for the Pies.

I hate the Pies only got the opportunity to play Richmond once in finals since 2017. Always felt they couldn’t handle us under finals footy conditions. 2019 was a seriously lost opportunity for the Pies.

Feeling your pain Vinnie, we hate it that you didn't make it through to the GF in 2019 as well, sounds like we would have been taught a very valuable lesson. :)

Collingwood last beat Richmond in a Grand Final 94 years ago, so you were due. :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That we're usually s**t and tend to end up on the wrong end of some bizarre umpiring decisions from sirengate to the umpire asking the opposition if we wanted another shot at goal when one of our players was infringed while kicking a point. Hell we even had an umpire intercept one of our passes.

This year we copped the worse advantage call in the history of the league.

I’ve been at the ground for four premierships, my biggest problem with Essendon is that a whole generation of supporters have missed so much joy. Yes the drug thing, the mismanagement, the embarrassment. The crowds we still draw in is insane.

This 100%. Memberships also.

Imagine if we actually got our sh1t together, crowds/memberships would be through the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As much as I love our song it is also just a chorus on repeat. We need to go back to a version like the fight back one they used to played at Moorabbin that had a couple of versus in there!

Mine is Collingwood stuffing things up on grand final day.

2 Premierships since 1958 just does not cut.

Since 2000 we have lost 4 grand finals 2002,2003,2011 and 2018.

It makes me sick.

Still stuck on 15 flags as well.

Big chance this year bro.

Mine is Collingwood stuffing things up on grand final day.

2 Premierships since 1958 just does not cut.

Since 2000 we have lost 4 grand finals 2002,2003,2011 and 2018.

It makes me sick.

Still stuck on 15 flags as well.

Had upteen chances on making it to the 16 premiership club with carlton and essendon as well.

But what is one thing that you hate about your club.
Another thing I hate about my club is that although we haven't played in nearly as many losing grand finals as Collingwood, our grand final win/loss ratio is actually worse.

The fact that since 2000 we've been a total and utter joke sadly. The St Kilda of the 21st century. Carlton is a great club with a great history, but we just totally and utterly haven't been at the races in the modern era.

Hopefully things will turn around eventually, because if this barren period without success goes on any longer, then we'll soon be the AFL's version of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Last edited:
I’ve been at the ground for four premierships, my biggest problem with Essendon is that a whole generation of supporters have missed so much joy. Yes the drug thing, the mismanagement, the embarrassment. The crowds we still draw in is insane.
It really will be boom times for the sport if the Blues and Bombers ever get their sh!t together on field again.

We always seem to fall off after winning a grand final. Don't quite remember what happened in 95, was pretty young, 2007 we all know what happened, no reason we couldn't have gone back to back. 2019-2021 were just horribly unlucky just missing out, injuries etc. Course as for the present it's pretty obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back