One thing you hate about your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Success.... or lack of Success...

In a 29 year run... no flags.

8 years out of 29, most likely 30 years of finals. Only made back to back finals or made finals at least 2 years in a row once in a 30 year stretch. That was 2012-15.

If I had It my way and knew my team was gonna go through a Similar stretch again of making finals 8 years out of the next 30 years, I would be happy for those finals eras to be back to back finals or 2 years in a row.

I am happy to go through a 5 or 6 year period of rebuiling and no finals if at the end of it was a 2 year run of finals.
If we were successful what would you post about?

That's all irrelevant if it isn't put out on the park
I agree to an extent with May - Melbourne should have advanced, but results are results.

Melbourne has the talent, but their internal issues raise questions on the team moving forward
I had them as premiership favourite pre-season this year, and Carlton as my premiership smokey
I think that’s my point, it’s all irrelevant if it’s not transformed into results. That’s why I am annoyed. We let all this climb over us instead of capitalising on the window if you will. Gawn may never recapture the form of his life. And key pillars like May are getting on.

We could genuinely miss the 8 next year.

Success.... or lack of Success...

In a 29 year run... no flags.

8 years out of 29, most likely 30 years of finals. Only made back to back finals or made finals at least 2 years in a row once in a 30 year stretch. That was 2012-15.

If I had It my way and knew my team was gonna go through a Similar stretch again of making finals 8 years out of the next 30 years, I would be happy for those finals eras to be back to back finals or 2 years in a row.

I am happy to go through a 5 or 6 year period of rebuiling and no finals if at the end of it was a 2 year run of finals.
Your club needs a premiership. Plain and simple. You’re in that middle ground of nothing like Essendon and St Kilda. Good enough to beat Geelong at Geelong one week then likely to lose to North at home the next.

Longmuir surely has to be gone mid way into 2024 if no finals is happening. Probably the most under pressure coach with Beverage at round one 2024.

Your club needs a premiership. Plain and simple. You’re in that middle ground of nothing like Essendon and St Kilda. Good enough to beat Geelong at Geelong one week then likely to lose to North at home the next.

Longmuir surely has to be gone mid way into 2024 if no finals is happening. Probably the most under pressure coach with Beverage at round one 2024.
I sort of agree. I didn't expect Justin Longmuir to get a flag under this playing list .

I was hoping the dockers would have made finals for 2 or 3 years in a row.

I don't think it's Justin Longmuir fault.

You can't lose best 23 players each year, even if you made finals in 2022.

I was actually hoping regardless of winning a flag or not, I really wanted Justin Longmuir to last 10 seasons and have some finals success, similar to Brad Scott at North Melbourne or ken Hinkley at port Adelaide.

I sort of agree. I didn't expect Justin Longmuir to get a flag under this playing list .

I was hoping the dockers would have made finals for 2 or 3 years in a row.

I don't think it's Justin Longmuir fault.

You can't lose best 23 players each year, even if you made finals in 2022.

I was actually hoping regardless of winning a flag or not, I really wanted Justin Longmuir to last 10 seasons and have some finals success, similar to Brad Scott at North Melbourne or ken Hinkley at port Adelaide.
* off we are winning a flag with this group.
You know your NQR when you aspire to be a Scott led Roos or a Hinkley led port
57ACE8E6-08BD-43D2-B8D1-B15EA114810B.gif

He doesn't even get frees against him for his constant targeting of the head and you think he will get suspensions? Those are saved for players doing correct tackles.

You could highlight plenty of moments where players lose it and lash out. It's very rare now, but it still happens. It's a physical sport.

Number of times Lynch has clobbered someone off the ball with a swinging arm, or an elbow, or ran through someone after it's left the area? None that I can recall.

Posters and fans should just be honest. They don't like a player and try to find justifications for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could highlight plenty of moments where players lose it and lash it. It's very rare now, but it still happens. It's a physical sport.

Number of times Lynch has clobbered someone off the ball with a swinging arm, or an elbow, or ran through someone after it's left the area? None that I can recall.

Posters and fans should just be honest. They don't like a player and try to find justifications for it.
I am not talking about lashing out. He has a patented technique of using the elbow against the back of the head of defenders in front of him. Does it regularly.

Our overall first-round drafting. It’s just meh
Don't be too harsh on your self mate.

Not every one nails pick 6 in any AFL draft. Yeah Recce Conca was pick 6 in 2010. He was average. Played 100 games for your mob. Played 40 odd games for Freo.

If Conca was a late pick or a rookie pick, he would be a solid pick up.

You guys had pick 6 in 2016. You traded that to get a couple of players to play in a key role of that 2017 flag.

I thought Chad Wingard was gonna defy those odds as a pick 6 in 2011. Looked awesome at port.

Gets traded to hawks and gets shot down with multiple injuries

Hawthorns inability to draft & develop key defenders.

Name one that wasnt traded.
The last good key defender I can remember us developing was Trent Croad, assuming you don't believe James Sicily is a key defender.

I have big hopes for James Blanck though. Had an OK year defensively.

The fact that since 2000 we've been a total and utter joke sadly. The St Kilda of the 21st century. Carlton is a great club with a great history, but we just totally and utterly haven't been at the races in the modern era.

Hopefully things will turn around eventually, because if this barren period without success goes on any longer, then we'll soon be the AFL's version of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Carlton from 2002-2022 has been bad. 2002-7 was a massive rebuild. Carlton had an ageing squad. Losing those early picks in 2002-4 added more problems and challenges to try and add good talent to an ageing squad with late picks.

Made finals in 2009-11, missed out in 2012 made finals in 2013. Then no finals from 2014-22. then winning 2 finals in 2023.

Also.... I am glad you Brought up The toronto maple leafs. Half a century of sadness.

Yep I saw this.

I have sympathy from both the Alberta based Hockey sides, Edmonton Oilers and Calgary flames

Remove this Banner Ad

Back