Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior.

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Anyone else seen this Thai Kickboxing movie???

Sure it has subtitles, a basic plot... but the fighting and action scenes are absolutely awesome. Amazing what Tony Jaa (sp) can actually do with No Wires and No Computer Effects.

I don't wish to say too much esle except I hope Hollywood don't make the same mistake they did with Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, and catch onto this guys amazing talents after he has passed his prime... get him into major roles NOW.

This movie is right up there with Bloodsport and Kickboxer... a return to the great fight and action scenes.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I first saw the film in early August 2003. It played to a 750 strong crowd at Village in Melbourne as the closing night film for the International Film Festival. We were all gobsmacked at Tony's moves. A fun action film, a great laugh.

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Most fun I have had watching a flick in ages.

See this frickin movie!!!

Aug 11, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formerly Orlando Magic
Loved the bad characters, loved Jaa's style, if he can just jump off skyscrapers like Jackie Chan can, he'll be the complete outfit.

Back