Ongoing Test match XI speculation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he is going to struggle to play more than the pink test against the Poms next summer

Pattinson Jhye are in front of him at this stage.

Starc is not bowling well at all

I’d rather Jhye in a pink test anyway. He’s just as good with the ball swinging

I reckon he is going to struggle to play more than the pink test against the Poms next summer

Pattinson Jhye are in front of him at this stage.

Not in the selectors' minds unfortunately. All he needs is one good T20 or ODI game and they'll say his form has returned and he picks himself.

Had a disaster summer on the field, but knowing what we know now about his old man, it's not so surprising and pales into insignificance in comparison to losing your dad. Assuming CA knew his old man was sick (I can't imagine he withheld it from them), there's a pretty strong argument they were negligent in keeping him in the public eye and playing test cricket.

He may have been adamant he wanted to stay occupied and continue to ply his trade (which is fair enough), but there are plenty of ways CA could've allowed him to do that without having to subject him to public scrutiny when it was clear he was bowling miles below his best.

Not test match XI per se, but why are selectors so eager to dump young talent and not persist.
Always thought Handscomb could bat, same with Renshaw. Harris isn’t going to be the future nor will Burns.

Mate, have you forgotten the roughly 12 months Handscomb went being an absolute walking wicket. Exagerrating his flawed stance while also being unable to hit the ball? Very justified dropping and it has taken him basically 2 years to find any kind of domestic form too. Older than Harris.

Renshaw was probably unjustified as he did little wrong but again has been basically unable to buy a run in shield for nearly 2 years until this season. Very much still young enough to push back in should he continue to score though.

Not in the selectors' minds unfortunately. All he needs is one good T20 or ODI game and they'll say his form has returned and he picks himself.

Nah I reckon the wheel has turned and he will struggle to play on the flatter decks of sydney and melbourne. So far in the shield he is struggling to take wickets

He will need a big end of the shield season and will have to perform in the shield games leading up to the Ashes next year

I can only see him being considered for the pink ball test at adelaide......hopefully we are only going to have one pink ball test

Even if he bowls well with the white ball which I hope he does....I believe that should not be taken into consideration for test cricket ...he needs to perform with the red ball for me

Pattinson deserves a crack along with Jhye as backup

Even better he has gone back to where he started and played with his local club which he gets few chances to do these days.

Remember when he was due to play in a Grand Final with them and after the ball tampering s**t they sent him to South Africa just to carry the drinks instead lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Jhye Richardson injured again. Otherwise why did he not play against Tasmania?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back