Ongoing Test match XI speculation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carbine Chaos

Ainsworth #33
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Everton
I love Patto but Neser is far ahead of him, infact should be 3rd picked behind Cummins and Hazelwood.

Head , Burns and Wade should never play for Australia again. Great calls on cutting the contracts.
A fit Jhye is in front of both Pattinson and Neser. Heck, he makes the team along with Cummins and Hazlewood for me.

cricketnut14

All Australian
Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Smith, Warner, Labuschagne, Finch
Green, Maxwell
Agar
Paine, Carey
Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, Pattinson, J.Richardson, K.Richardson
Lyon, Zampa

I still think Puckovski (if fit) and Head will play the next test match. Maybe they are seen as red ball players only.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only if he gets consistent Shield runs. I've been teased before with Travis. Show us this "form" isn't just a flash in the pan.
Which he did to finish last year. If he does the same thing again, I see no reason to not pick him, especially as we have no one else outside of Henriques seriously pushing for selection in that position

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Nothing wrong with being a bit more generous with fast bowlers and contracts. They already get the shortest careers for the most part of all cricketers and you don't want to deter youngsters further from taking it up.

Pattinson won't have the career of Cummins but he's a proven performer and with any luck he'll have a Ryan Harris like last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad