Ongoing Test match XI speculation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Future is looking good with Pucovski and Green great long term prospects. Even though it was against my beloved Redbacks, I hope others here are also really happy for Matt Renshaw after his 168 NO against us. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from him.

Back to back double tons for Pucovski 😯

Has to play
Yeah, I've changed my mind on him now.

Best batter at domestic level, having him sit in the shield against second-rate attacks isn't going to help him - get him out there, expect a few down periods but back him in to learn and grow and hopefully he'll have a good test career.

Said to be in a very good place.

He'll play the first test.
He’s been working with Emma Murray who is Richmond’s mindfulness coach, she’s a wizard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of what happens with selections, it's nice to see some players putting their hands up. Hopefully means we can move past rotating fringe players through and hoping one catches fire.

Pucovski, Green, and Swepson are knocking the door down. Won't all be picked immediately, but we're finally seeing the sorts of Shield performances from those on the fringes that we've been wanting for a while.

That said...

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Swepson

Sounds pretty good. Top 6 who can all go big, blokes in form, and some serious variety in the bowling. Left arm, right arm, off-spin, leg-spin. Exciting prospects here.

Just to add - I'd 100% pick Pucovski for the first Test. He's ready. If you want to pick blokes while they're in form - you basically can't get better form than this

Pucovski, Green, and Swepson are knocking the door down. Won't all be picked immediately, but we're finally seeing the sorts of Shield performances from those on the fringes that we've been wanting for a while.

That said...

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Swepson

Sounds pretty good. Top 6 who can all go big, blokes in form, and some serious variety in the bowling. Left arm, right arm, off-spin, leg-spin. Exciting prospects here.

Just to add - I'd 100% pick Pucovski for the first Test. He's ready. If you want to pick blokes while they're in form - you basically can't get better form than this
Swepson will only get a chance in the New Years Test for me

Yeah, I've changed my mind on him now.

Best batter at domestic level, having him sit in the shield against second-rate attacks isn't going to help him - get him out there, expect a few down periods but back him in to learn and grow and hopefully he'll have a good test career.
You've nominated your choice of best batter.......who would you say is the best pitcher?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back