Ongoing Test match XI speculation thread.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Cricket Australia dropping Wade from their contract list ends an embarrassing selection blunder. I didn't have a problem with Head losing his spot but to back in Wade driven by Langer and Paine was really poor judgement.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Who is in the 17?

Warner
Labuschagne
S.Smith
C.Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyon
Finch
Maxwell
M.Marsh
Stoinis
Carey
A.Agar
Zampa
J.Richardson?

Something like that I presume, while I get the reduction down to 17 it seems a bit pointless to have only four test Batsman (including Green) with a contract.

Who is in the 17?

Warner
Labuschagne
S.Smith
C.Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyon
Finch
Maxwell
M.Marsh
Stoinis
Carey
A.Agar
Zampa
J.Richardson?

Agar? For what...plays less than Pucovski. Can see Swepson in there

at least Agar is in the realm of selection for more than 1 format of the game. should be 15 contracts

More than 1 format? Which one...

We aren’t playing 2 spinners in ODI’s we have Maxwell there!

Something like that I presume, while I get the reduction down to 17 it seems a bit pointless to have only four test Batsman (including Green) with a contract.

I think given they’re not certain who will be in the lineup come the Ashes they’ve left a few out who may be the front runners now, but don’t make it to the Ashes. Anyone who plays 3 tests will get upgraded to a full contract anyway.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Cricket Australia dropping Wade from their contract list ends an embarrassing selection blunder. I didn't have a problem with Head losing his spot but to back in Wade driven by Langer and Paine was really poor judgement.

Disagree. His away Ashes hundreds were enough to give him a fair run. It's clear this was his last chance before his cards were marked and we have our answer. He's not good enough at Test level.

Keep Head and you probably get a rough run of scores that shatter his confidence further. Instead he belted runs in the Shield and it ensures he's a realistic option next time around.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Who is in the 17?

Warner
Labuschagne
S.Smith
C.Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyon
Finch
Maxwell
M.Marsh
Stoinis
Carey
A.Agar
Zampa
J.Richardson?
It's just been announced and from your list replace Marsh and Stoinis with Pattinson and K. Richardson.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think given they’re not certain who will be in the lineup come the Ashes they’ve left a few out who may be the front runners now, but don’t make it to the Ashes. Anyone who plays 3 tests will get upgraded to a full contract anyway.

I get it, it just seems heavily waited towards the shorter forms which to he honest are no more settled than the test side.

I get it, it just seems heavily waited towards the shorter forms which to he honest are no more settled than the test side.

True, but there is a T20 world cup this year and all our winter cricket is white ball, so it makes sense.

ozaddy

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The way the shorter form is picked, it's laudable if you come out and say sorry about the lack of runs, i just couldn't see the ball. We'll only ever be the 3rd or 4th best team from now on with the selectors we have.

Wait wait wait... how does Pattinson keep his contract? He's played 1 game for Australia in the last 16 months and 4 in the past 5 years. I mean he's a good bowler, but does he deserve the extra money just for being injured all the time?

They like keeping the bowlers around because it means they get to manage their workloads and recovery

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I love Patto but Neser is far ahead of him, infact should be 3rd picked behind Cummins and Hazelwood.

Head , Burns and Wade should never play for Australia again. Great calls on cutting the contracts.

Back