Toast Ongoing Thread of 2021 Little Wins

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A positivity thread.

We all know it's going to be a tough year in terms of wins and losses, but use this thread to post the little wins and reasons for long-term optimism as and when you see them. It doesn't just have to be individual players. I'll start.

Tom Powell -- Obvious. Nothing more needs to be said.

Lachie Young -- Honestly, I thought he was a speculative pick, like a Sierakowski or a Gysbeters or whoever it's been in the past. Boy, was I wrong. IMO our most impressive defensive player across the first two weeks. Intercepts well but is also a beautiful user. Hopefully the start of a long career at North.

Aiden Bonar -- Never been convinced previously, but like Young, he's started the season really well in the back half. I was thinking last night that he's still only 22 and I was probably a bit harsh in my judgment. Earned his spot.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
These two getting more games together, averages after Round 2:

3987CB60-B021-408C-8882-8AD2D8033772.png
BE06AB6A-4F7A-4772-93D2-394BD5FA1886.jpeg
39E6EB28-5060-4182-833D-25A22961EACE.jpeg

RooVizz

Rookie
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ben Mckay becoming a key pillar down back!

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jack Ziebell is up and about.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That even after three savage beatings, there is no sense of panic.

Losing is fine if it is part of a strategy.

History is littered with examples of retreats to defensive positions, battles lost that changed the course of the war for the betterment of the loser etc.

The only thing that is unforgivable is a panicked rout.

There's no sign of that yet and I doubt it will happen.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I could write Tom Powell in this thread every single week, but this week that passage through the middle in the 3rd (I think): Hall -> Phillips -> Powell -> Stepho. The most exciting passage of play this season, I reckon.

Big Benny Mac. I was once a doubter and firm believer that Durdin was the better player. I was wrong, and by a lot. His last 12 months have been nothing short of excellent. Perfect Tarrant successor.

I like Hally off half back too with the new man on the mark rule.

Back