Toast Ongoing Thread of 2021 Little Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my Partner a North Membership and after 2 games she's as fanatical as I am :)

You have done well, 8 years in mine is still in training. Fell asleep in the premiership room at half time last at the Port game. She enjoyed getting the hand out with all the player's names, faces and numbers on it today though might help her along a little. She's still getting over the loss of Ben Brown who started around the same time she signed up.

Little Wins: this wonderful thread, and the spirit with which it's been embraced. :thumbsu:

Big Win: Jaidyn Stephenson :blueheart:

Underrated Win: Charlie Lazzaro ⚡⚡

Lots to appreciate this year, and even more to look forward to. We're going to have some great moments, and more pleasant surprises along the way.

Go Roos!

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Little Wins: this wonderful thread, and the spirit with which it's been embraced. :thumbsu:

Big Win: Jaidyn Stephenson :blueheart:

Underrated Win: Charlie Lazzaro ⚡⚡

Lots to appreciate this year, and even more to look forward to. We're going to have some great moments, and more pleasant surprises along the way.

Go Roos!

Yes I agree, Charlie is the underrated win.

CarnTheKANGAS

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great thread.

Its both refreshing and exciting (even after 4 consecutive large losses) to be watching a young north team, led by a new coach and off field support just going for it. Losses will come but we are playing with dare and speed. We all need to be patient and remember we are relearning how to play creatively and instinctively as opposed to the last 20 years of dour defensive Mick Malthouse taught crap.

I havent seen a north team play like this and its exciting. Keep turning up, keep calm and keep the faith.

At long last...... It's happening.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
F5EB329E-6158-45CE-82FA-42A447C5971C.jpeg

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nick Larkey's direct influence on two goals from pressure acts. Also, although it didnt amount to win his shot on goal from a tight angle at a crucial stage was very likable. I am still a strong believer this kid could develop into Petrie version 2.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nick Larkey's direct influence on two goals from pressure acts. Also, although it didnt amount to win his shot on goal from a tight angle at a crucial stage was very likable. I am still a strong believer this kid could develop into Petrie version 2.

Good to see him do well when he is given some tall support

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarnTheKANGAS

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The coach, (and Blakey / unsure of p roos involvement)... what a great win.

Its great to see changes (both pre and in-game)
  • Stevo in middle /wings/hb
  • Ziebell to back line
  • A. Hall to hb
  • Zurhaar to hb and on-ball
  • Phillips and Powell added to mid rotations immediately
  • Turner as a tagger
  • Walker playing as swingman
  • Goldstein spending more time fwd
  • Keeping the faith in L Young off hb

To echo some of the other posts in this thread and offer some of my own:
• Noble and his exciting gameplan
• Young blokes taking the game on
• Will Phillips goal celebration
• Arden St coffee cart still in business
• Tom Powell

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The first quarter. The best footy we've played this season imo. There are periods in games where you can really see what we're building toward and what it's going to look like when we get the talent and experience to do it consistently. That was the first quarter today.

Jack the defender.

Could put Bonar in here most weeks. A revelation.

Big Benny Mac.

Watching Ben Cunnington.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got the Mrs young fella 8 year old a membership at the start of the year. He's been to every home game and is now a mad north supporter (formerly collingwood). I was in the rooms at his under 9's game last week when one of the kids that supports * tried telling him north were no good , to which he replied 'we're a young side rebuilding and you're cheats'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back