AFL Club
Richmond
Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
You could be right as I bought the season pack. Was thinking of just getting the finals this year but not if the grand final isn’t blu Ray.
The 2017 Victory Pack was only on DVD.

If it's the same this time I'll get the big box again.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I've sent a message to Beyond Home Entertainment (who do the AFL video) asking for this very thing. If enough of us do it, it might just come off.

I have sent them direct emails plus from their website "contact us" and still no reply bout 3-4 msgs over a week.
I have simply asked for the blu ray for the 2019 grand final when will it come out and they can't even reply to answer one simple question.

For the 2017 GF it came out Jan 2018.

Anyone thinking they'll do blu ray for the whole season will be disappointed. If they can't even reply to msgs which shows a total disregard to the customer so what chance them making the whole season in blu ray. ZERO

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I have sent them direct emails plus from their website "contact us" and still no reply bout 3-4 msgs over a week.
I have simply asked for the blu ray for the 2019 grand final when will it come out and they can't even reply to answer one simple question.

Anyone thinking they'll do blu ray for the whole season will be disappointed. If they can't even reply to msgs which shows a total disregard to the customer so what chance them making the whole season in blu ray. ZERO
Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what will happen.

Oct 6, 2004
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
United, KV Mechelen

Blu-ray is scheduled to be out on 25 October based on a couple of websites I've seen. 2017 GF came out in November. I checked my JB hi-fi email

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Blu-ray is scheduled to be out on 25 October based on a couple of websites I've seen. 2017 GF came out in November. I checked my JB hi-fi email

Yes i double checked and i actually bought the 2017 blu ray in Jan 2018
For the 2019 blu ray thats great to hear, ill definitely be buying it.

The DVD quality is not so good, i read the thread after we won the granny in 2017 and people were up in arms with the inferior quality. All games should be in blu ray.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2004
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
United, KV Mechelen

The DVD quality is not so good, i read the thread after we won the granny in 2017 and people were up in arms with the inferior quality. All games should be in blu ray.
In an age where 4k TVs are the norm it's ridiculous to be bringing out DVDs of fast moving programs such as sport. They look horrendous. Blu-ray should be the minimum. I'm still hoping for 4k restoration of 2017 & release of 2019. I know I'm dreaming though !

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets

DVD is only 576P so will look atrocious on a 4K TV.

even on my 720P laptop it looks rough

DTRF

Draftee
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm looking to try and find as many calls as I can from the GF. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the '17 calls (especially the 5aa one!).

I understand that they can't be posted this time. I know I've just signed up and I'm already asking for favours, but if anyone can could they PM me the links/files?

Much appreciated, Go Tiges!

axel2cotch2lids

All Australian
Aug 3, 2008
Lounge Room
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm looking to try and find as many calls as I can from the GF. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the '17 calls (especially the 5aa one!).

I understand that they can't be posted this time. I know I've just signed up and I'm already asking for favours, but if anyone can could they PM me the links/files?

Much appreciated, Go Tiges!

Send me a PM

Absolut Tigers

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Thoroughly enjoying listening to the radio broadcasts of GF. SEN was brilliant, guys as MMM were ok, but seemed to lose concentration missing key moments of the game as appeared more interested in making jokes with fellow presenters, while KRock was fun, love how they referenced the forward pocket at city end on southern side as the Meatloaf pocket. Next up 3AW before finishing with 774.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Thoroughly enjoying listening to the radio broadcasts of GF. SEN was brilliant, guys as MMM were ok, but seemed to lose concentration missing key moments of the game as appeared more interested in making jokes with fellow presenters, while KRock was fun, love how they referenced the forward pocket at city end on southern side as the Meatloaf pocket. Next up 3AW before finishing with 774.

Yeah, thought the same about MMM. Their neglect of the Pickett 360 moment and subsequent George speccy was a total brain fade. And for some reason they called the Cotch tackle in Q1 as a Mummy-inspired piece of work. Doesn't surprise me though, a bunch of themselfasexuals in that commentary box.

Absolut Tigers

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, thought the same about MMM. Their neglect of the Pickett 360 moment and subsequent George speccy was a total brain fade. And for some reason they called the Cotch tackle in Q1 as a Mummy-inspired piece of work. Doesn't surprise me though, a bunch of themselfasexuals in that commentary box.
MMM tried to build this story that Richmond was getting the rub of the green from the umpires. Mummy commentary when tackled by Cotchin was ridiculous. They also managed to miss Cotchin mark and goal in the last quarter. Described it as an afterthought.

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
MMM tried to build this story that Richmond was getting the rub of the green from the umpires. Mummy commentary when tackled by Cotchin was ridiculous. They also managed to miss Cotchin mark and goal in the last quarter. Described it as an afterthought.
I thought their call was appalling. The Mumford tackle was described as if Cotch had been slammed to the ground by the fat, sausage eating campaigner. Quite often it was as if they had forgotten they were calling the game on radio and not TV. Nathan Brown was being continuously pumped up by his colleagues as "the best in the business". Best at what I'm still no closer to knowing but it sure wasn't colour commentary. You would have thought we were lucky to be on the same field as the super talented Giants players, whom he continued to talk up even well into the 3rd quarter. He made several howlers, including Toby Greene's high tackle on Houli. He said it was clearly not high, when the replay - which he obviously didn't see - showed that it clearly was. And Luke Darcy showed that Der-wayne has a legitimate challenger for the title of worst commentator in the land. Next to him, James Brayshaw comes off looking like Tim Lane.

Back