Online Grand Final Audio

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
It really was a shocker and they missed so much of the actual game which is unforgivable for a radio call. I re-watched the 2017 GF with MMM commentary the other night and while not my favourite of the calls it was far superior to their 2019 dribble.
The combination of Darcy, Brayshaw and Brown is as bad as I've heard. And Judd's not much either. The continual back slapping was vomit inducing. And they back that up by mistake after mistake. Atrocious. Plus, they called the game like it was a TV call.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
It really was a shocker and they missed so much of the actual game which is unforgivable for a radio call. I re-watched the 2017 GF with MMM commentary the other night and while not my favourite of the calls it was far superior to their 2019 dribble.
Yet to go through the radio calls but let me guess, all consumed by thier "in jokes" while the game was on?

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all. How does one access the corner hotel. Would appreciate the link of the game to watch especially, followed by some calls. tia.

Hi all. How does one access the corner hotel. Would appreciate the link of the game to watch especially, followed by some calls. tia.
I thinks it's a few hundred posts to verify you are not an oppo troll.
Then pm Michaels and ask nicely.

Or alternatively if it's just the calls you're after, PM one of the posters in this thread who said they have the links, probably the quickest way :)

Nebular

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Halfway through the last quarter, there's some banter between Houli, Greene, and Caddy.
I know a young fella who knows Toby and reckons he's a great bloke. Not sure I believe him but I'd love to know what was said.

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I just watched my blu ray with 3aw and I thought they did the call really well. Leathal and The Count and who else I'm not sure, but I really enjoyed it more this time. (As opposed to 7, mmm, and sen.)

What I found really interesting when listening to the various commentaries was how different callers saw what was unfolding in front of them through different viewpoints. It is after all just their opinion and adds to the overall drama of the day and often is coloured by how good the special comments person / people are and what they are focusing on. Having already listened to mmm audio only, I haven't yet been able to bring myself to endure listening to them while watching the game (although that would probably make them more tolerable!). I did enjoy both sen and 3aw and I also enjoyed the abc and krock audio files.

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Halfway through the last quarter, there's some banter between Houli, Greene, and Caddy.
I know a young fella who knows Toby and reckons he's a great bloke. Not sure I believe him but I'd love to know what was said.

As fans I think we all have a natural bias towards our own players and often find it hard to acknowledge the opposition players as anything other than the enemy. I loved watching the Houli / Green interaction yet at the same time I could really appreciate Caddy getting stuck into him as being part of the game. Having said that though I'm in the camp of not seeing the sense in the ongoing targeted booing of certain players by spectators so ...... :think:

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Apparently Houli's words to Greene were along the lines of "stay humble", or words to that effect.

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What I found really interesting when listening to the various commentaries was how different callers saw what was unfolding in front of them through different viewpoints. It is after all just their opinion and adds to the overall drama of the day and often is coloured by how good the special comments person / people are and what they are focusing on. Having already listened to mmm audio only, I haven't yet been able to bring myself to endure listening to them while watching the game (although that would probably make them more tolerable!). I did enjoy both sen and 3aw and I also enjoyed the abc and krock audio files.

Hmmm, quoting myself here but updating to say I did force myself to endure listening to the mmm call while watching the game and I was wrong, completely and utterly wrong - even watching the game could not make them more tolerable. :poo::thumbsdown:

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Having already listened to mmm audio only, I haven't yet been able to bring myself to endure listening to them while watching the game
I doubt I could stomach sitting through their call again. Their ability to be both arrogant and appalling at the same time is breathtaking.

Back