Online Membership 2020 - Random Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Arc1

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s that time of year when my membership comes up. Living overseas and being busy, I reckon I’d be very lucky to watch a single full game... ever. So it isn’t really direct value for money.

But I’ve been a barracker for >30 years and decided once I could afford it, who cares - it’s chipping in to help our club stay great.

But I do pick through and look at the options available.

One thing I like is the option to donate the scarf / cap back to the club - don’t need them, good idea.

The other one I considered is the birthday card option (which TBH I would definitely go for it my kid would pay the slightest attention to AFL and sign up!). But I’m trying to work out - did the HFC launch this one in Beta, or can you literally only get a card if your “favourite player” is Stratts / The Chad / Sicily / Mitch or JOM?

I mean, no disrespect to that Fab 5, but what are the other lazy lads up to that they can’t say hello and make $20 for the club?! Omith and Gunston surely must be huge fan favourites? And where’s Clarko?!

But I’m trying to work out - did the HFC launch this one in Beta, or can you literally only get a card if your “favourite player” is Stratts / The Chad / Sicily / Mitch or JOM?

I mean, no disrespect to that Fab 5, but what are the other lazy lads up to that they can’t say hello and make $20 for the club?! Omith and Gunston surely must be huge fan favourites?

Contract status, perhaps? No point putting Omith and Gunners as options if they might end up with another club over the trade period?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back