Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Alan Jones, dares tell the stat that no mainstream media outlet will mention. All scare, no monsters.

“People like me, because of my age and I’ve had everything wrong with me,” Jones said on Sky News on Monday night.

“You talk about getting cancer, brain tumours, melanomas, bronchitis, diabetes, you name it, I’ve had the lot.”

“Now this cohort should have been looked after instead of frightening the tripe out of everyone and putting the economy into a coma, and this goes on today.”

Jones claimed if Victoria “was a public company it’d be in administration”.

“People in these high-rise buildings are in lockdown,” he said.

“People in aged care facilities have been locked up for months.

“Remember, in all the alarmism over Victoria, we are never once told how many cases are critical. I suspect almost none.”

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Monday said 31 people were currently being treated for the coronavirus in the state’s hospitals including five people in intensive care.

According to the federal health department data, publicly released online every night, there are only three other people in hospitals across the country – one each in New South Wales, the Northern Territory and Queensland. None of these patients are in ICU.

Last edited:

The more testing you do the more cases you find and the vast majority of them are asymptomatic*, the whole thing is an overreaction IMO, why not just isolate the vulnerable ie. the elderly and those with morbidity issues and throw massive financial government support at them. If you are a child or an adult under approx 55 years of age and in reasonable health you are extremely unlikely to suffer significant health consequences.

* I saw a WHO press conference over the weekend where the talking head was saying that asymptomatic people are not as contagious as previously thought.

Even if the current mortality rate is relatively low (but we’ve seen what’s happened when let rip in Europe, USA etc), what are the long term health implications for those who survive it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back