Only Connect - S29 SFA Edition (WEDNESDAY@8.30PM, DISCORD)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've actually driven a small steam engine at the National Railway Museum in Port Adelaide. Some years back they invited people to come and 'drive' the train (with help from staff obviously) for a short distance. You could choose a diesel or their little steam engine called 'Peronne'. My friend and I signed up for the steam engine of course, and the gentlemen were really surprised and happy to see two women doing it haha because everyone else had been men lol. We had such an awesome time!

'Peronne' is an 0-6-0 tank locomotive originally used for shunting at Port Pirie smelters from 1919.

Here's a couple of pics of me driving it - face blurred obviously lol and then a pic of me and my friend in front of the train, with the fireman in background. We kinda 'dressed up' for the part lol.

View attachment 913671View attachment 913673

View attachment 913676

This a pic of the steam train in the last town I was living Porps
1595401586381.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in a roadside park in central QLD for many years until it was purchased and brought up here in the early or mid nineties and restored. I had a tiny bit to do with it years back
That's awesome! I love seeing these old engines restored to their former glory. They are marvellous machines.

Did you check that game out that I told you about? If you love trains you will love that game!
No I forgot about it!! I'll try and remember to look it up after I'm done with work :)

Chipmunk , let me know about the set up you want on discord for tonight. Happy to sort that out for you.

Cool mate. Was just thinking:
- questions on main PM
- each team is in a separate Game chat so they can discuss
- we get together on the main chat at the end of each couple of questions for jokes

A timer would be good for this and WW, if we could work that out.

Cool mate. Was just thinking:
- questions on main PM
- each team is in a separate Game chat so they can discuss
- we get together on the main chat at the end of each couple of questions for jokes

A timer would be good for this and WW, if we could work that out.
All audio channels?
I’m thinking the main channel should be audio, with group text channels.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back