Opinion Only three teams can win the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Jez1974

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Has Redden ever been close to best on in a Grand Final? Has Redden ever lit up the second best team in the comp with absurd blind turns and amazing technical ability? Has Redden drawn comparisons to ex legends of the game?

Redden is a solid contributor, but he’s a C grade midfielder. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Every side needs them. He just doesn’t have the class, polish and X factor that Pickett does. Not many people do. Jack Riewoldt said Pickett could win the Brownlow next season. I know you don’t want to believe it but if this guy can deliver on the biggest stage of them all in his first game then he’s going to have a lot of fun in the home and away fixture. Also, talking him down because we stole him from under your noses is a bit sad. You’re better than that.
Don't bag redden. Hard nosed in and under mid. The more people underrate our blokes the better. Look what happened in 2018 preliminary.
Prestia good, but shuey, gaff and yeo all better.

Jez1974

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
No one is saying we are favorites, Richmond are the favorites. WCE prob a last chance at a flag whilst JK and Hurn are in their last year and finally had a good pre season. After that its prob time up for Hurn and JK
2 year window

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Nobody is or ever has been obsessed with Collingwood. Most like to laugh at you because of your regular chokes. That's it.

As for the love affair between Collingwood and West sook, I've explained this countless times. Your lot were very embarrassed over the choke and they were even more embarrassed for you. They couldn't believe their luck so dare not troll. And visa versa. Made it seem you all got along but even you'd know deep down the truth. Glad to have cleared it up for you.

That's bullshit.

West Coast and Collingwood fans get along because there is a high degree of mutual respect due to many closely contested finals in the last 30 years, while you lot were rotting at the bottom of the ladder. From the 1990 draw to 2018 Grand Final and everything in between. 7 finals and only once has the margin been greater than 20 points.

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
This thread was started by a Cats fan who named Tigers & Eagles as 2 of 3 teams that can win this season’s flag.

It has since turned in to a Richmond vs WCE battle, like so many others on here.

I’m not claiming that Tigers fans haven’t played a part in this, but there’s been plenty of trolling coming our way from Eagles fans across a number of threads.

Considering West Coast missed Top 4 & we didn’t meet in Finals, I’m not sure why their fans are so bitter towards us.

We aren't bitter.

You guys keep talking about us and trying to talk us down.

Probably out of fear.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
But....what if it's true??????????????????????????????
Yeah what if it is? Will some of the West Coast fans continue to complain about it and not enjoy any season that their team loses in because they can’t handle the inequity of the league?

I am not saying that it is true, but there isn’t much of a realistic alternative at this point if it was so there isn’t really much of a point being hung up on it. As you said, it’s only a game so I don’t think it’s worth having every main board Richmond or West Coast thread derailed by it like what seems to be happening right now.

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s all one way then

Nah, it's both ways.

Richmond like to talk s**t cos they are scared if we win in 2020 it will mean we are equal with them in the only period of time they have had a modicum of success.

Until 2017, you were a joke for 35 years. My entire lifetime.

Now you have two flags in the AFL era (half the amount we have won) and you think you're big boys.

On the other hand, West Coast have the best record in the AFL era when it comes to consistent success on and off the field. 4 flags, 7 grand finals, and 23/30 finals appearances. Even Hardwick said (referencing Geelong) that Richmond are trying to emulate clubs who experience consistent success. You're trying to get to where we are.

West Coast fans tend to respect fans of clubs that have challenged them over the years. Hawthorn, Collingwood, and begrudgingly, Geelong.

We simply don't respect you.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Nobody is or ever has been obsessed with Collingwood. Most like to laugh at you because of your regular chokes. That's it.

As for the love affair between Collingwood and West sook, I've explained this countless times. Your lot were very embarrassed over the choke and they were even more embarrassed for you. They couldn't believe their luck so dare not troll. And visa versa. Made it seem you all got along but even you'd know deep down the truth. Glad to have cleared it up for you.

Sorry mate you're not everybody, can't deny the vitriol from some tiger fans. Boil it down and dissect it all you want can't deny it.

As for your second paragraph, well that's just clutching at straws. Just coz one team won and one team lost doesn't necessitate emotional vomit like tiger fans do.

Just accept it tiger fans are easily triggered, some of you anyway. There's pages and pages of evidence to support it.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
That's bullshit.

West Coast and Collingwood fans get along because there is a high degree of mutual respect due to many closely contested finals in the last 30 years, while you lot were rotting at the bottom of the ladder. From the 1990 draw to 2018 Grand Final and everything in between. 7 finals and only once has the margin been greater than 20 points.

Yeah wouldn't bother trying to explain that to a tiger triggered fan.

Nah, it's both ways.

Richmond like to talk s**t cos they are scared if we win in 2020 it will mean we are equal with them in the only period of time they have had a modicum of success.

Until 2017, you were a joke for 35 years. My entire lifetime.

Now you have two flags in the AFL era (half the amount we have won) and you think you're big boys.

On the other hand, West Coast have the best record in the AFL era when it comes to consistent success on and off the field. 4 flags, 7 grand finals, and 23/30 finals appearances. Even Hardwick said (referencing Geelong) that Richmond are trying to emulate clubs who experience consistent success. You're trying to get to where we are.

West Coast fans tend to respect fans of clubs that have challenged them over the years. Hawthorn, Collingwood, and begrudgingly, Geelong.

We simply don't respect you.

We don’t give a f*** if you respect us ... I’m just sick of your whinging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Gaff, Shuey, Yeo, Kelly, Redden, Sheed
Pretty impressive midfield. Probably best in the league for mine.

I see you also snuck Redden in there amongst those names. Nice one.
giphy.gif

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
We don’t give a f*** if you respect us ... I’m just sick of your whinging

All you guys have wanted you're entire life is a bit of respect for your club.

Now you have had a taste of success, but still no respect.

As for the "whinging", pointing out inequities in a competition isn't whinging, it's simply pointing out inequities.

All you guys have wanted you're entire life is a bit of respect for your club.

Now you have had a taste of success, but still no respect.

As for the "whinging", pointing out inequities in a competition isn't whinging, it's simply pointing out inequities.

Ok ... I’m wasting my time trying to reason with you

You admitted that it went both ways (trolling/ verbal diarrhoea) for one sentence/ paragraph & then smacked us down for the rest of your response

As I’ve said numerous times, nobody cared how many games Richmond played at the MCG for 35 years ... we are also not responsible for the AFL draw

So why are so many Richmond supporters so triggered?

I can’t answer for those people

Something happened in 2017 that I honestly never thought I’d see ... Last year it happened again

I’m very content & not even a bit triggered by your lack of respect... I actually find it a bit pathetic to be honest

As for Collingwood supporters, the hatred runs both ways ... this goes back long before the Eagles joined the competition

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok ... I’m wasting my time trying to reason with you

You admitted that it went both ways (trolling/ verbal diarrhoea) for one sentence/ paragraph & then smacked us down for the rest of your response

As I’ve said numerous times, nobody cared how many games Richmond played at the MCG for 35 years ... we are also not responsible for the AFL draw

Never said that you are responsible for the draw. But it is just the truth that Richmond were the beneficiaries of a fixture which undermined the concept of an even playing field and fair competition.

No one cared because you were a s**t team that everyone laughed at.

Of course now it's going to be relevant and scrutinised. Welcome to the land of being a contender (for the first time in your life).

Never said that you are responsible for the draw. But it is just the truth that Richmond were the beneficiaries of a fixture which undermined the concept of an even playing field and fair competition.

No one cared because you were a s**t team that everyone laughed at.

Of course now it's going to be relevant and scrutinised. Welcome to the land of being a contender (for the first time in your life).

So we’re a good team now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Say it ... it won’t kill you

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
So we’re a good team now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Say it ... it won’t kill you

Richmond is a very good team. Right up there with Norf of the late 1990's.

Good teams come and go (Brisbane, Adelaide, North Melbourne).

Good clubs are in it for the long haul and Richmond are yet to prove that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back