Opinion Only three teams can win the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

the same richmond team based in Perth wouldn't of got close to a premiership...lucky to make the 8

but thats the extent of the Victorian advantage...you can be mediocre and still be a chance

Coaster2012

It seems like we’ve got deluded posters on both sides of the debate.

For a supporter base that's 'not bitter' as you say; the West Coast Whinger fanbase has spent an obscene amount of time during the pre-season complaining about Richmond's 7 MCG games in a row, the Grand Final deal, general #VICBIAS, that Rioli's suspension was 'suss', etc. etc. BigFooty has heard every excuse in the book since September.
BS!

Why are WCE all of a sudden one of the big boys after being the sixth best team last year? Is it Kelly? Well, minus Rioli. Is Kelly a bigger addition than Ward and Coniglio? Not a chance.

I just don’t see where the improvement comes from in an ageing side that was comprehensively beaten by Geelong and Hawthorn (at home) in the final three rounds. Have all of their players improved ten per cent since their last game or something? Where has all of this supposed improvement come from?

I read about their “elite” midfield, “elite” defence and “elite” forward line on here, but there is certainly nothing “elite” about them going by exposed form. A good ordinary side who were rightfully exposed at the business end of the season.

The thing is you see, we are not bitter. We are legit going into bat for GWS because they don't have enough supporters to dish it up to you for the loss. It's an Interstate thing you see.
If I am going to generalise, West Coast supporting fans on Bigfooty have been the most bitter on the main board towards Richmond since 2017. The 2017 Grand Final win drew the ire out of West Coast fans more than Adelaide fans, and I remember that clearly because of how odd I found it.

I honestly think West Coast fans started this with the amount of complaining about the MCG their supporters did over the last 3 years. It gets tiring seeing the same story being rehashed by some West Coast supporters every year in order to discredit Richmond’s achievements.

Why are WCE all of a sudden one of the big boys after being the sixth best team last year? Is it Kelly? Well, minus Rioli. Is Kelly a bigger addition than Ward and Coniglio? Not a chance.

I just don’t see where the improvement comes from in an ageing side that was comprehensively beaten by Geelong and Hawthorn (at home) in the final three rounds. Have all of their players improved ten per cent since their last game or something? Where has all of this supposed improvement come from?

I read about their “elite” midfield, “elite” defence and “elite” forward line on here, but there is certainly nothing “elite” about them going by exposed form. A good ordinary side who were rightfully exposed at the business end of the season.
The way I see it, they only just missed out of the top 4. There essentially was 1 point between Collingwood and West Coast making the top 4, with Collingwood beating West Coast by 1 point to make it. Still doesn’t mean that they would have won, but adding Kelly to this side means that they are in better stead.

Their accuracy and how clutch they were when the game was in balance is funnily enough a concern though. Teams who win a lot more close games than they lose tend to struggle the next year (from my observation). Geelong 2014, Fremantle 2015, Hawthorn 2016, Sydney 2018. West Coast had a lot of goals come through accuracy at the right time towards the end of the season (see Final Siren’s post).

I personally think they’ll do well with Tim Kelly but I understand why you have your reservations.

Nah, we’ll be right. You’re obsessing over us again and I don’t blame you, I get it, it’s just the fear coming out.

Just so you know this competition is not state of origin, never has been never will be. Go into bat for gws all you like doesn't change the fact it's a professional competition. Has zero to do with 'state pride'

inb4 'vic media says' vic media is not a reflection of the club fan, club fan is only interested in club.
And you think i do not know that. Especially when i say a "tongue in cheek" line to serve it up to both Vic and Interstate. Your posts are normally spot on but it seems you have lost a smidgen of Humour along the way. Or maybe i am slipping a little in my delivery :think:

If I am going to generalise, West Coast supporting fans on Bigfooty have been the most bitter on the main board towards Richmond since 2017. The 2017 Grand Final win drew the ire out of West Coast fans more than Adelaide fans, and I remember that clearly because of how odd I found it.

I honestly think West Coast fans started this with the amount of complaining about the MCG their supporters did over the last 3 years. It gets tiring seeing the same story being rehashed by some West Coast supporters every year in order to discredit Richmond’s achievements.
Jeez....Lighten up Dude, everybody is pushing everybody else's buttons because the world is imploding and we need a distraction. It is, after all, only a game.

Because we have ALWAYS been one of the "Big Boys". Played in 22 finals (Source big footy) Makes us numero uno.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual Martin’s the only performer amongst those accolades. His teammates are going along for the ride. Your using awards won by Cotchin from 8 years ago. He isn’t the same player these days. Meanwhile Shuey won a b&f last year to go with a recent norm Smith and is getting put in all Australian squads while Yeo and Kelly are putting AA jumpers on. Gaff put his second one on just the year prior. I rate Prestia above Cotchin atm but stand by my view and the opinions of the all Australian panel and would place Prestia 5th in line at West Coast
It’s true cotch is not the same player as 8 years ago based on possessions and individual awards. However he is a much more valuable player to the team than he was back then and without doubt the best captain in the comp. His value is immense.

Tiger fans got tired of being obsessed with Collingwood (well some of them anyway) I guess, funny thing is tiger fans have nothing to feel insecure about. Just won two flags and decided to pick on Pies fans maybe it was that nasty prelim nightmare that did it. Picking the most resilient bunch for the hope of submission doesn't really work so yeah it's a phenomenon.

Cool story, when wc won the flag there was no vitriol from either combatant fans, not on here anyway. But tiger fans were like letting pent up aggression out for no known reason, still at now at wc fans I see.
Maybe you should revisit the 2018 gf thread then, nothin but respect from both fan bases.

Tiger fans on the other hand.......................
Nobody is or ever has been obsessed with Collingwood. Most like to laugh at you because of your regular chokes. That's it.

As for the love affair between Collingwood and West sook, I've explained this countless times. Your lot were very embarrassed over the choke and they were even more embarrassed for you. They couldn't believe their luck so dare not troll. And visa versa. Made it seem you all got along but even you'd know deep down the truth. Glad to have cleared it up for you.

the same richmond team based in Perth wouldn't of got close to a premiership...lucky to make the 8

but thats the extent of the Victorian advantage...you can be mediocre and still be a chance

That’s not trolling 🤔

....Lighten up Dude, everybody is pushing everybody else's buttons because the world is imploding and we need a distraction. It is, after all, only a game.
The whole MCG Vicco bias conspiracy thing is getting old though. I actually want some main board West Coast fans to lighten up funnily enough and just enjoy the game as it is because if you count every aspect that your team is disadvantaged in without looking at perks, then you’re just going to feel hard done by every time your team doesn’t win the Premiership.

There are times when banter is fun to look at and then it exceeds it. Once it exceeds it then it is just back and forth with the same argument. We need to be more mature than that in my opinion.

The whole MCG Vicco bias conspiracy thing is getting old though. I actually want some main board West Coast fans to lighten up funnily enough and just enjoy the game as it is because if you count every aspect that your team is disadvantaged in without looking at perks, then you’re just going to feel hard done by every time your team doesn’t win the Premiership.

There are times when banter is fun to look at and then it exceeds it. Once it exceeds it then it is just back and forth with the same argument. We need to be more mature than that in my opinion.
Agreed, tough to win a flag any year. So 4 in 33 years, 7 grannies, finals almost every year, most frequent flyer points. I am stoked and defo not complaining. # westcoast2020

For a supporter base that's 'not bitter' as you say; the West Coast Whinger fanbase has spent an obscene amount of time during the pre-season complaining about Richmond's 7 MCG games in a row, the Grand Final deal, general #VICBIAS, that Rioli's suspension was 'suss', etc. etc. BigFooty has heard every excuse in the book since September.
It wasn't 7 as a Richmond supporter also noted, was more. Good on them and the vfl, whoops afl. Sure to get nibbles

Rioli will get what he deserves, silly Willie, however the 4 week delay in giving the penalty always suss as will be the conviction too. Probs on eve of round one!!!

Has Redden ever been close to best on in a Grand Final? Has Redden ever lit up the second best team in the comp with absurd blind turns and amazing technical ability? Has Redden drawn comparisons to ex legends of the game?

Redden is a solid contributor, but he’s a C grade midfielder. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Every side needs them. He just doesn’t have the class, polish and X factor that Pickett does. Not many people do. Jack Riewoldt said Pickett could win the Brownlow next season. I know you don’t want to believe it but if this guy can deliver on the biggest stage of them all in his first game then he’s going to have a lot of fun in the home and away fixture. Also, talking him down because we stole him from under your noses is a bit sad. You’re better than that.
You reckon Prestia is better than Kelly, Yeo, Shuey? WOw

Yes Pickett is good agreed.

The way I see it, they only just missed out of the top 4. There essentially was 1 point between Collingwood and West Coast making the top 4, with Collingwood beating West Coast by 1 point to make it. Still doesn’t mean that they would have won, but adding Kelly to this side means that they are in better stead.

Their accuracy and how clutch they were when the game was in balance is funnily enough a concern though. Teams who win a lot more close games than they lose tend to struggle the next year (from my observation). Geelong 2014, Fremantle 2015, Hawthorn 2016, Sydney 2018. West Coast had a lot of goals come through accuracy at the right time towards the end of the season (see Final Siren’s post).

I personally think they’ll do well with Tim Kelly but I understand why you have your reservations.
No one is saying we are favorites, Richmond are the favorites. WCE prob a last chance at a flag whilst JK and Hurn are in their last year and finally had a good pre season. After that its prob time up for Hurn and JK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back