(Only) Three Tigers named in All Australian Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel, we have more than a dozen players who would have made the squad if they were playing a more individual based game plan like many other teams execute. With our style of play though, they just don't stand out. I see this as a positive though, rather than a negative.
Nice to see Flossy join Dusty and Grimes in the squad. Funny to see only three of our side make the squad, let alone the team.

Rather than a slight on our individual talent, I think it demonstrates what a team we are. We keep beating this sides full of individual stars because we play as a side where everyone has a role and everyone works together. We don't search for stats or fight for highlights. Individual awards are nice but our club is about collective success and a third flag in four years would reward our players far more than a spot in the AA team.

Biggest LOL is Port getting 5 players with overrated players like Darcy Bryne-Jones and Zac Butters making the squad.

Byrne-Jones wouldn't even get a game in our best 22. He'd be in the 2's. Butters would be on the fringe of our best 22. Narrative plays a huge part in AA selection, and the narrative is that Richmond makes up for a perceived lack of talent due to the system and game plan. The narrative is widely incorrect, this team is littered with superior talent.

I don't really care for AA, as long as they don't rob Dusty again I'm good.

Weitering has actually polled fewer coaches votes than Balta in 2020. How Weitering is in that team ahead of May is staggering. Weitering does a good job on his opponent but offers less assistance to his teammates than most KPD, and offers next to nothing with regards to defensive rebound. He is an 1980s/90s lockdown defender who is way behind Andrews, Moore, May and even Balta (who is only 12 years old). Terrible selection that rewards a defender playing the game in the wrong style, who worries about his opponent only, and not that of team defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think anyone was stiff to miss out on this. Although yes Bolton is a better player than Butters right now.

I just hope Dusty gets in, he has been robbed twice.

Don't think Grimes should. Vlastuin borderline.

Care factor = almost zero

Although it is nice for our players to get recognition, we are a 100% team first organisation.
Success built on an even team performance with efficiency and therefore understated stats.

I will always take pleasure from a winning team focus - let the others fuss over individual awards....

Doubt any of our players are fussed about making/not making the AA squad/side. While the achievement of being seen as one of the best 22 players for the year is great to receive I reckon all our players will be much happier receiving yet another premiership medal at the end of Octboer.

Weitering has actually polled fewer coaches votes than Balta in 2020. How Weitering is in that team ahead of May is staggering. Weitering does a good job on his opponent but offers less assistance to his teammates than most KPD, and offers next to nothing with regards to defensive rebound. He is an 1980s/90s lockdown defender who is way behind Andrews, Moore, May and even Balta (who is only 12 years old). Terrible selection that rewards a defender playing the game in the wrong style, who worries about his opponent only, and not that of team defense.
balta is only 12 years old. imagine when hes 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back