List Mgmt. OOC 2021, who is playing for their careers 2021 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think none of us will really know until his future is made more clear. If he stays, then fantastic. Because he plays our system well. If he doesn't, and seeks opportunities elsewhere, then we will know in a year or 2 like we did with Keays. It's all dependant on Matho and how he responds to whatever situation is placed upon him.

We’ll know in about 4 months. When he is likely delisted. We’ll find out then if another club sees value.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Posters persist in comparing Matho to Keays. To me he is more like NRobbo marginal best 22 in a year we finished top four. Like Matho, a lot to like about the guy, worked hard to get the best out of himself and gave a 100% on the field.

I reckon a number of clubs would have considered NRobbo but passed on him.

Then there’s Cutler and Taylor. Got opportunities at other clubs and didnt kick on.

only other recently “delisted“ player (besides Keays), I can think of who regularly gets a game is Josh Walker. And maybe Stef.

over the last few years the Lions assessment of the future value of players has been pretty good.

Mitch is gone next year after what he did to Fages in this weeks training video.

My 10 year old has watched that video 20 times and bursts out laughing every time! Mitch is a legend!!!

Imagine what he was like for his teachers. The more he likes you, the higher the danger level.

Two year extension for Lyons! Thanks again, Suns!

1624862697072.png
1624862708818.png

THREE MORE FOR BRISBANE'S LYONS
Jarryd Lyons has received a boost ahead of his 150th AFL game by signing a new deal with the Lions.

Lyons had already triggered a clause in his contract to play-on with the Lions in 2022 but has now put pen to paper on a two-year extension that ties him to the Club until the end of 2024.

The 28-year-old is in career best form having finished second to Brownlow medalist Lachie Neale in the 2020 Merrett-Murray medal voting before finding another gear in a superb 2021 campaign to date.

He has been among the best players each week as the Lions recovered from a 0-2 start to push themselves into third spot on the AFL ladder and has cemented his status as one of the premier clearance and contested possession players in the competition.

The former Crow and Suns midfielder credits the move to Brisbane for allowing him to reach his full potential as an AFL player.
“Joining the Lions has been terrific for me,’’ he said.

“They are a great bunch of players and a really supportive coaching staff who have created a culture that makes it an absolute pleasure to come to work each day."

Posters persist in comparing Matho to Keays. To me he is more like NRobbo marginal best 22 in a year we finished top four. Like Matho, a lot to like about the guy, worked hard to get the best out of himself and gave a 100% on the field.

I reckon a number of clubs would have considered NRobbo but passed on him.

Then there’s Cutler and Taylor. Got opportunities at other clubs and didnt kick on.

only other recently “delisted“ player (besides Keays), I can think of who regularly gets a game is Josh Walker. And maybe Stef.

over the last few years the Lions assessment of the future value of players has been pretty good.
I think Keays has been done to death but imo he's a miles better player than N Robbo and Matho. I don't think remotely comparable.

I fail to see how he doesn't get the recognition for the consistent numbers he keeps racking up poor side or not . He's probably ahead in their B/F.

He's the only one of the aforementioned who we would've considered keeping bar Stef which was probably a tough decision for us. But Stef would've been fine in the 2nd ruck role ,it's the workload at the Dogs which has caused injury issues at this stage of his career. I guess we always had Daniher in mind.

Anyone notice the thumb brace that JL wears at training and elsewhere...might be headed for some surgery, post season.

Jarryd has often had his thumbs strapped throughout his career.

1122467_1_O.jpg Jarryd-Lyons-233x300.jpg b882110563z1_20190830174809_000gdk1li0mi2-0-bj3zilc4rmtefkhdws2_t1880.jpeg

I always liked him, and I'm very happy to see his contract extension.

Good luck this weekend, and good luck for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as difficult as some thought. Could delist all that are currently uncontacted apart from Linc

Not as difficult as some thought. Could delist all that are currently uncontacted apart from Linc
Time for a rebuild, we are on the slide, our window has slammed shut, we need briztoon s advice as to who we need to target in the draft and trade period to get back into contention and reopen that window as quickly as possible.

Time for a rebuild, we are on the slide, our window has slammed shut, we need briztoon s advice as to who we need to target in the draft and trade period to get back into contention and reopen that window as quickly as possible.
Anyone but who is currently on the list apparently.

Been thinking who I’d delist if contracts were all up at the end of this year in order of priority (not all getting delisted)

1. CEY - unfortunately we gave him a stupidly long contract, delist and re-rookie
2. Birchall - not playing consistently enough
3. Ballenden - very slim chance of playing seniors consistently
4. BSmith - possible re-rookie
5. ESmith - possible re-rookie
6. ASmith - only if we feel Lane could offer more next season and play seniors or trade in another ruck
7. McFadyen -definite re-rookie
8. TBerry - definite re-rookie
9. CJoyce - definite re-rookie
10. Cockatoo - definite re-rookie (after another disappointing season I can’t see others picking him up)

I think 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9 are most likely

Changed my mind on Ballenden. Starting to show a bit plus we need the depth. The rest aren’t worth a spot on the senior list. Should keep Matho too. TBerry and McFadyen I’d rookie

I wouldnt renew Kiddy Coleman and a shame now we got spooked and went for his brother who has looked even worse every time I watch the ressies play. Just awful.

Delist - Birchall, Coleman, Mathieson, Arhcie Smith and McFadyen and Fullarton (Im probably the only one, but I just do not see what the club sees in this basketballer because he makes an average and soft footy player)
Trade - Ely Smith or any of the delistings if anyone wants them
Retire - Birchall

I wouldnt renew Kiddy Coleman and a shame now we got spooked and went for his brother who has looked even worse every time I watch the ressies play. Just awful.

Delist - Birchall, Coleman, Mathieson, Arhcie Smith and McFadyen and Fullarton (Im probably the only one, but I just do not see what the club sees in this basketballer because he makes an average and soft footy player)
Retire - Birchall
Coleman has certainly showed enough in both grades that he is worth persisting with

Retire - Birchall
Coleman has loked fine. He is only 19 or 20 and so far holding his place in the seniors which is pretty good. He will be retained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back