List Mgmt. OOC 2023- Who is playing for their careers in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
OOC 2023:
Harry Sharp
Marcus Adams
Rhys Mathieson (R)
Kai Lohmann
Callum Ah Chee (unconfirmed but likely)
Daniel Rich
Nakia Cockatoo (R)
James Madden
Deven Robertson
Dayne Zorko
Blake Coleman
Carter Michael (R)
Darryl McDowell-White jnr (R)
Ryan Lester (R)
Tom Fullarton
Conor McKenna (R)
Shadeau Brain (R)
Darragh Joyce (R)

Richy and Zorks likely to retire particularly when winning the flag this season is a near certainty:p.

McKenna only needs to show the form of his previous stint in the AFL to gain a new contract.

Lots of players on that list have "potential", leaves our list management team with lots of room to move re turning the list over.

IMO at this early stage of the season my tip is that Harry Sharp, Rhys Matheison, Nakia Cockatoo, James Madden and Blake Coleman are the most likely to fall by the wayside.

Last edited:

Blake Coleman will be one to watch over the season.
One to watch in a likely to perform or negative way jj?

I haven't read over any training reports but Blake will have to of improved his endurance a hell of a lot to make any sort of impact at AFL level this season.

Kiddy and Dev are long term must sign for me. Kiddy will become as valuable as Rich long term down back. And Dev will be part of the next generation midfield with the Ashcroft boys, Tunstill and Fletcher. Clugg n Bez overlap. Well, that's how It happens in my head. Ah Chee is the only other signature I'd want. Proven himself so versatile. I wouldn't be paying him more than he's on now but I'd like to keep him.

Rich n Zorko will make their own decisions. They could push one more year out of their bodies if they really wanted.

I think there are some on the list that we could move on from. Matho, Lester, Cockatoo, Fullerton and maybe Madden. I think Adams will decide to retire, and rightly so. That's 6 players maybe 8 if the veterans retire, enough room to draft and trade for the next season.

The rest are young Iads, not costing a fortune, worth taking a further punt on.

Evolving nicely.

I thought Kiddy extended to 2024
Keidean Coleman has celebrated his breakthrough season by signing a two-year contract extension that ties him to the Lions until the end of 2024.

I thought Kiddy extended to 2024
Keidean Coleman has celebrated his breakthrough season by signing a two-year contract extension that ties him to the Lions until the end of 2024.
Oops. The contract status page had him right (2024) when you looked him up directly in the list of players, but I'd moved his name to the wrong year below.

Kai and Dev are the 2 Im hoping the club signs double quick time. I see no reason why Cal AhChee and Mckenna won't be re signed to. Obviously the likes of Rich and Zorks should decide there futures, same to with Froggy who I think will always put the club first. Marcus I expect to retire for his own well-being.

The rest is really up to them and there form such as Nakia, Madden, Joyce, Fullarton, Sharp BColeman, and Matho.

I also think that the likes Brain, Carter Michaal and Darryl Jnr should be retained provided they show glimpses.

KAi and Dev would be the biggest signatures and outside of them and the contracted boys, shouldn't be to hard findingthe necessary spots particulalry if the likes of Dan, Dayne and Marcus all call time at end of season - which i think they do - first 2 - if we win the cup.

How is Kiddy playing for his career this year?Clearly a priority to extend.

Think you missed the context, originally it was thought he was out of contract this year and the poster was asking why he would even be playing for his career in the first place, hes a lock for us long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Kiddy playing for his career this year?Clearly a priority to extend.

Think you missed the context, originally it was thought he was out of contract this year and the poster was asking why he would even be playing for his career in the first place, hes a lock for us long term.
It's a bit misleading to say that any player OOC is playing for their career anyway - last time around was asking who we're delisting, this time it looks like it's been broadened to all OOC players (even excluding Kiddy).

It's a bit misleading to say that any player OOC is playing for their career anyway - last time around was asking who we're delisting, this time it looks like it's been broadened to all OOC players (even excluding Kiddy).
I think I have been the OP for this type of thread the last 3-4 years, they have all had "playing for their careers" in the thread title.

I am not that attached to the title, I have no problem with a mod editing to a more appropriate title... I don't want to engage in disseminating clickbait disinformation.

I think I have been the OP for this type of thread the last 3-4 years, they have all had "playing for their careers" in the thread title.

I am not that attached to the title, I have no problem with a mod editing to a more appropriate title... I don't want to engage in disseminating clickbait disinformation.

How about 'Potential Carnage for Lions List! #7 will shock you.'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back