Opinion Open draft, who do you take with pick #1

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking Grundy. As good as yer Kellys, Bonts and Cripps are, there's plenty more left in the sea that aren't too much worse. Only Gawn can provide something like Grundy's impact and he wouldn't be at your next pick.

Cripps pretty comfortably for me. 4 years younger than the other absolute elite players.

Kelly wouldn’t be in my top 10 since he struggles to stay on the park.

Grundy and Gawn are as good as midfielders at their peak plus mark anything around them, so I’ve included them. I’ve got Cripps at 2.
They aren't as good as midfielders it's such a fallacy lol. Grundys 20 touches do not have the same impact on a game as Lachie Whitfields. They are both extremely good players but it's only because rucks were pretty s**t for a while. They should be marking the footy and kicking goals more often than they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't as good as midfielders it's such a fallacy lol. Grundys 20 touches do not have the same impact on a game as Lachie Whitfields. They are both extremely good players but it's only because rucks were pretty s**t for a while. They should be marking the footy and kicking goals more often than they do.
Gawn can’t kick at all which is really frustrating me. I know what you’re saying, I just look at how much influence they have on the game in many areas and can’t exclude them.

Gawn can’t kick at all which is really frustrating me. I know what you’re saying, I just look at how much influence they have on the game in many areas and can’t exclude them.
They would be top 20 players no doubt possibly top 10 aswell but I'm not sure id take them top 5. I think they are slightly overrated due to size

1. Adam Kennedy
2. Daniel Lloyd
3. Harry Perryman
4. Dawson Simpson
5. Lachlan Keefe

The SOS Index of trade value dictates these GWS discards are the cream of the crop. On trade them for the number one pick for the subsequent 5 seasons.

They would be top 20 players no doubt possibly top 10 aswell but I'm not sure id take them top 5. I think they are slightly overrated due to size
I picked Grundy at 3, maybe ambitious, just rate him highly personally. Gawn rounds out my 10. Gawn seriously needs to start kicking those set shots though. Really starting to become a problem.

I picked Grundy at 3, maybe ambitious, just rate him highly personally. Gawn rounds out my 10. Gawn seriously needs to start kicking those set shots though. Really starting to become a problem.
Each to their own. I'd never leave Bont on the table for Grundy. I also think you are severely understating Whitfield. He's the best kick and decision maker in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back